Revenge

WARNING: THERE MAY BE TOPICS THAT WILL BE IMPLIED THAT MAY DISTURB AND/OR DISGUST READERS! THE WORDS AREN'T OUTRIGHT USED BUT THEY ARE VERY STRONGLY IMPLIED! THIS IS YOUR ONE WARNING!

Your POV

I sat at the vanity, disgusted by what happened. I set my hair back into place and got up. I stumbled over to the dresser and put on the outfit from earlier today. (Above.) Wishing to leave this awful room, I staggered towards the door. I tried to turn the doorknob but to no avail... it was locked. I grumbled under my breath. "What surprised that I locked the door?" I stiffened at the sound of his voice. I turned to see Zane leaning against the door to the bathroom.

I didn't respond and turned to walk to a window. "That's locked too. Everything is sealed shut, to keep you from getting away." I froze in my path.

"Am I at least allowed to leave the room?" I didn't look at him.

"Depends." He stopped and walked over to me. "Are you going to try to escape or are you gonna be a good girl and stay here?"

Under my breath, I muttered, "It's not like I can get far anyway..."

"Speaking of which..." Zane hugged me from behind. I visibly stiffened but didn't try to pull away. "How about what happened earlier, hm?"

"What about it?" I growled through my teeth.

"Was it enjoyable?" His whisper in my ear sent shivers down my spine.

I pushed his arms off my waist and stepped away. "Now why in Irene's name would I have enjoyed that?"

Zane didn't say anything. I didn't want to look at him but his silence made me nervous enough to have to. He was just standing there, looking off to the side. Surprisingly he almost looked... disappointed. I turned back around and cast a silent spell. Once finished, I was holding a small staff. It only went up to my waist and it doubled as a cane whenever needed.

 It only went up to my waist and it doubled as a cane whenever needed

The power-stone of my staff is F/C and the wood is S/F/C. I gently set it down and pushed some of my weight onto it. That is definitely better. "Where did you get that?"

I held a tight grip upon it. "I summoned it." Then I whispered, "With what little mana I had left."

Aphmau's POV

As we approached O'Khasis, I couldn't see any guards. "What's going on?"

Jace sighed then turned back to face us. "He pulled the guards to probably keep her from escaping his house."

"So she's in O'Khasis?" Laurence asked.

"She's in Zane's home no less." Jace turned around and looked up at the top of the wall. Then all of a sudden, he was up on the wall.

"Wha-?" I started.

"No time to explain." Jace cut me off. "I can see about 20 guards patrolling this side of the city and I can see at least 5- no 6- guards in front of his house." Jace jumped down from the wall and landed on his feet. "Now this is gonna be a weird question to ask, but who here trusts her the least?"