A Jail Cell

I slowly sat up straight, after I "awoke" from my rest. "Are you sure that there was a person at the gates Garroth? I think you're making this up." Someone said. And based on the tone of their voice I'm going to say that it was a guy.

"I'm not making it up Laurence. I know I saw someone with a cloak on in front of the wall and then run back into the forest." This Garroth person said. Wait! Garroth! Vylad said to tell him hi. I will make a mental note to do that. I looked at the sky, almost 8:30.

"Guys, we have no idea where that person went. That was last night. Besides for all we know, they could be at O'Khasis by now." A third guy said.

"Dante does have a point. But I can feel someone else's presence nearby. Which means they didn't run far from the gates." Oh great a fourth guy. And they're all probably guards. Glad I did those spells last night so I didn't have to worry about them this morning.

"See! Not lying!" Garroth said. Unluckily something in the tree above me moved and caused the leaves to rattle. Which in turn made all of their heads to shoot in my direction. I looked back down at them. 1 2 3... where's the fourth? The one with the black jacket and the red bandana. As if on cue I felt a presence nearby. Then the world went black.

I woke up in a cell on a bed but I didn't dare move. I wanted to hear what they were saying. "It has to be. They look just like her. If anything I bet she's here to assassinate Lord Aphmau." Laurence said. Yes, I did memorize each of them by their voices. Except for that masked man. No one had said his name earlier.

"You guys wanna question her or what." That mystery man said.

"How? She's still asleep Aaron." Garroth said. So his name is Aaron. Good to know.

" No, she's not. Ask her yourself." Aaron said gesturing to me.

"Are you still asleep?" Laurence asked.

"Nope. And haven't been for about 10 minutes now." I said sitting up. Garroth jumped and Laurence went wide-eyed. Aaron, however, seemed unfazed by my actions. He must have known that I was awake the moment I woke up. "Now if you wouldn't mind I need to see Irene." I stood up and stood by the bars. Surprisingly they didn't tie me up.

"Irene? Irene is no longer alive." Garroth approached my cell and looked at me curiously. "And how do we know you won't kill Lord Aphmau if we let you out?"

I crossed my arms and walked closer so I was right in his face. "I wouldn't kill Irene." I stood there as he went wide-eyed. I scoffed. "So she really doesn't remember. That's a shame. But that's why I am here. To help her remember. So if you won't let me out can Irene come to me?" I asked backing up, keeping my arms crossed.

"Sure. I'll go get her." Laurence said walking out.

"Hey, Garroth," I said. He turned towards me. "Vylad says Hello."

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT VYLAD?!" Garroth yelled angrily grabbing onto the cell bars.

"That he is a Shadow Knight and came to the enchanted forest and stayed with me. In fact, the only reason I knew where Irene was, is because of him and Hyria."

"Hello, and who might you be?" A familiar woman's voice said. I looked towards where it came from and there she stood. Irene, with her raven black hair and caramel colored eyes. I actually started to tear up.

"It's you. It's really you. I have waited so long for this moment." I choked on some of my words. I decided to change my hair back so now it's back to its original H/C. I took off my hood even though they still couldn't see my face. They could, however, see the tears streaming down my cheeks. "Your back after over 1,000 years. Oh, my." I was full on crying now.

"What are you talking about Shadress? I have never seen you before in my life." Ir-Aphmau said to me.

I stopped crying. "Maybe not in this part of your life. But in another part you have." Aphmau just looked at me confused. I took out the purple journal. "I hold in my hands a book that only two people in history can read," I said. Everyone in the room immediately started to pay attention to me. "Irene and her best friend Shadress."

"No your lying. You couldn't have known Irene. No one has been alive for that long." Laurence definitely had his suspicions about me.

"I am not. Now I ask... Garroth, come here." He came closer... to a degree. I opened the book to a random page. "Are there any words on that page?" He shook his head. I turned the book to me and began to read a few words from the page. "Entry 276. The divine warriors, Shade, and I are about to fight The Demon Warlock. Now he'll no longer be able to terrorize innocent people." I stopped. "Ir-Aphmau please come over here." Laurence held her back.

"Don't trust her. She could hurt you." He sternly said.

"At least let me give her a chance," Aphmau said, looking back at the man holding her back. He hesitantly nodded and let her go.

"Aphmau can you read the first 2 sentences please." She looked down at the page and her eyes went wide.

"Entry 276. The divine warriors, Shade, and I are about to fight The Demon Warlock. Now he'll no longer be able to terrorize innocent people..." She looked up at me with wide eyes. It was dead silent. "H-How... I... you are... I-I am... this c-can't be h-happening. T-This means that I am I-Irene." She stood there, just looking straight into my eyes.

"I wasn't lying. I may be a witch, assassin, and thief, but I was sworn to help you... by you." I bowed down. "Not only was I your friend, I was your right-hand guard. And all I have ever done is wait to serve m'lady again." Shocked faces. That's what they all wore. They were surprised to see me bow before someone. After all, I have never bowed for anyone.