Force to be Reckoned With

Many of you have been waiting for this and I'm sorry. I had a lot that happened to me this year. But I hope this, and the next 5 chapters that will be posted soon after this one, will make up for all the missing time.

Your POV

After our discussion a week ago, Jace got a hold of a vessel built for a crew of twelve and had room for supplies. It will be more than enough room when we finally head off. Levin and Malachi managed to produce most of the needed supplies. I barely had to reach out to any people and get the rest of them.

While I had been getting the supplies, Aphmau took Laurence, Garroth, and Katelyn to Brightport, Meteli, and the wolf tribe near Brightport. They all agreed. Our next plan of action was to speak with Pikoro and Scaleswind.

Lucinda had sent a letter out to reach Hailey, but she never received a reply. We figured Hailey was fine and the letter just never reached her. It wasn't much of an issue though. We were all heading towards Scaleswind and Pikoro would be a short pitstop on the way to it.

Time Skip (About an hour maybe less)

Travel was something I was used to, but the others seemed to be bothered by it. They seemed fatigued but wouldn't say a word. I, on the other hand, was just fine. Maybe it was because I had to travel to gather many artifacts from villages. "We should take a break." I interrupted all conversation. We all settled in a clearing. They were sitting and discussing a plan of action. We were a few miles out of Pikoro.

As they were talking, I looked around. There was an almost perfect circle that made up the clearing. And there were bushes all around the edges, well almost. It was nature so it wouldn't be picture-perfect but this clearing seemed to try so hard to be a picture-perfect site.

It only made the feeling of unease, I've had this entire journey, worse. It almost felt like... I walked back towards Aphmau. A pace fast enough I could get there soon, but not fast enough to give my plan away. I sat behind her, our backs touching. "Y/N? What are you doing?" Aph asked, turning her head to try and talk to me.

I looked out at the bushes in front of me. "I have this unsure feeling about something," I said, scanning the trees as well.

Time Skip

We were a short distance from Pikoro now. I was still keeping a close distance between Aph and I. I had this uncomfortable feeling of being followed. By the time we reached Pikoro, the feeling disappeared which only caused my suspicions to grow. Lucinda led us all to Hailey's house. She rapped her knuckles on the door softly. Hailey opened the door and seemed surprised to find Lucinda on the other side. Hailey spoke softly as I turned around to see curious glances in our direction. "M-Master? What are you doing here?"

"We'll explain but can we do it in the privacy of your home?" Hailey nodded and moved out of the way.

Everyone else walked in, but I stayed back and the sight of me made her freeze up. "Good evening, Lord Hailey." I smiled.

"Shade?" She asked in her usual soft tone. "I-I thought you gathered everything you needed from Pikoro. W-Why are you back?"

"I'll explain in a secluded area. May I come into your house?" She nodded reluctantly.

I stepped in and walked to where everyone else was gathered. Hailey walked in not long after and turned to me. "N-Now first things first, Shade what are you doing back?"

I sighed and looked towards Aphmau for permission. She nodded slowly. I looked back at Hailey as I spoke. "Call me Y/N. It's my name. And I have returned because I am back with Irene."

Hailey looked surprised and then nodded slowly in understanding. "So where is she? I-I mean I assume she'd be by you constantly." Her voice only seemed to get softer, somehow.

"I am Irene," Aphmau spoke up. Hailey turned to her with even more shock and confusion. "We are here because we are forming an alliance. We want something that will aid us with any looming threats that remain now that Zane is gone."

I looked away and Laurence glanced in my direction. The air shifted and Lucinda seemed to feel it too. But no one else noticed. I motioned for Lucinda to walk over to me as they continued to discuss rising matters with Tu'La and the, no doubt, angry O'Khasis. "You felt that too, right?" I muttered.

Lucinda nodded and replied in the same hushed tone. "It was almost as if the spirit realm was opened too wide."

"I thought it could have been the spirits but it wasn't." The whispering caught Aaron's attention. He didn't move nor turn towards us but I could tell he was listening in on our conversation.

"What do you think it was?" Lucinda murmured.

I crossed my arms over my stomach. "I don't know but I have had an uneasy feeling this whole trip. Like we were being followed."

"I never felt anything like that but I did get an uneasy feeling just now. We'll have to wait and see what it was, cause I don't think we're getting the answer any time soon."

I nodded. Aphmau's voice caught my attention. "Well, Pikoro is now officially apart of the Pheonix Alliance." Aphmau shook hands with Hailey. "Scaleswind will have to wait for tomorrow. We should stay here in Pikoro for the night."

"Y-Yes you should." Hailey's voice was actually a little louder. "There has been an influx of thieves recently and it would not be smart to travel at night even with the aid of Y/N's reputation."

"I still maintain that status in these parts?" I asked, a smirk tugging at my lips.

"Yes! P-People can barely say your name."

I smirked fully. "Ah... I still have my touch."

Hailey turned to Aph. "Y-You guys should go on ahead and get rooms at the inn. I need to speak with Y/N and Lucinda."

After they left the two witches turned to face me. "You're sick," Hailey spoke with her usual, but none stuttering, tone.

I sighed heavily. "I have already spoken about this with Lucinda. Yes, I am sick, but do not feel like telling everyone that I am sick."

"Sweetie..." Lucinda started. "We are witches and we know auras better than anyone else. So-"

Time Skip

After Lucinda and Hailey figured out what was going on with me, I swore them to secrecy. We slept in 4 different rooms. Garroth, Laurence, and Aaron all wanted different rooms but Lucinda, Aphmau, and I all slept in the same room. I woke up at 5 in the morning feeling nauseated. I walked outside to get some fresh air and it helped. I was sitting there when Aaron walked up behind me, quietly. He sat down next to me watching the sunrise.