Family Reunion

"Daughter. What are you doing here?"

"I am here on the request of my dear Aunt."

The pair spoke with venom lacing their voices. At a moments notice, they both fired spells at each other. I teleported between the two and took the hit of both spells. I bent over in pain, my hands on my knees for support. The two witches dropped their staffs and everyone gasped. My back began to burn and my clothes began to change again.

 My back began to burn and my clothes began to change again

(Just in case you forgot what your other form looked like.)

I stood straight again and wiped some blood from my lip. I licked it off a few seconds later. "I'm so sorry!" Lucinda and Hyria apologized at the same time.

"No. It's fine. None one would have lasted the explosion of the two spells when they would have collided. So I took the hit." I placed both of my hands out at my sides. Getting my hint, the pair picked up their staffs and handed them to me. I threw them up into the air and they evaporated. "Now that those are out of the way..." I transformed back, with little to no injury sustained. "Where are your manners..." I spoke to Hyria.

"Gah! Where are my manners? Everyone, come in. Come in." Hyria ushered us in and she led us all to the living room.

"I see that the home didn't change much, mother." Lucinda sat beside Aphmau. Garroth sat on the other side of Aphmau, Hyria sat in the chair looking to the three, Laurence stood behind Aphmau, and I stood beside Hyria.

"Well, you know your mother is a creature of habit." I snarkily replied. Hyria hit me with the back of her hand.

"SHADE!" Aphmau, Lucinda, and I laughed. Garroth and Laurence just smiled at my comment. "Anyways. Dear, what was the purpose of your visit?" Hyria turned to me with the inquiry.

"You keep calling me dear as if I was younger than you," I smirked down at her and she smiled back.

"Well, I guess that is quite rude to do to an elder." I gasped at her comment and everyone else laughed.

I placed my hand over my heart, acting like her comment physically hurt me. "Just because I'm thousands of years older than you, doesn't mean you need to point it out!"

"Wait! You're thousands of years older than my mother?!" Lucinda exclaimed.

"Well yes. My brother and I have been around for a long long time. Our species are similar and we both are treated like royalty compared to the others."

"How old are you?" Aphmau asked.

"Well..." I sat there pondering. "In Shadow years, 27. In Earth years, 19,751. It'll be 19,752 in 3 months, though." (I've changed the years as you can see. This makes more sense and doesn't feel like the cliché Y/N stories as much.)

"Wait how many Earth years is one Shadow year?!" Laurence asked, astonished at how old I am.

"730 and 6 months," I answered flatly. "Time moves much slower in the Shadow Plane."