Back Home

For this chapter only, R/C means random color.

"Huff... huff... puff... sigh..." I sat on the against the door to my home. Ah yes home. If I didn't have such good magic I would have to leave it here when Irene returns but alas, I do. I got up to go put the book on the shelf of important stolen information. I look at all the treasures and memories. I've looked at a lot of these things before. Like 1,000 years before. I miss her deeply but that is not an excuse for being sad.

"Oh, your home already." I heard a voice behind me.

"Yes, I am home Zemi," I said turning around to see my black cat familiar. Her fur is all black and her eyes are completely white. In a strange way she kind of looks like Irene.

"Well, I have got news from Basalia. She said she felt her return. And that it is time for you to finally find her."

"AAAAHHHH! Finally, I can find her and help her remember." I paused. "Shhhh-nites."

"What?" Zemi asked as she wal- floated over to me.

"The village will know me as Shadress. The most dangerous person to ever exist. I can't go there or they'll send me off to O'khasis to get the reward. What am I going to do??"

"Before you go you have to talk to Hyria anyway. So before you freak out to go talk to her and let her know you're leaving." Zemi said calmly.

"Will do. You stay here and get everything prepared to leave. I don't want any of my potions to break, or any books to fall off of shelves and fall apart." I told her as I started my journey towards the middle of the forest.

"I will prepare the house and even the spell." I heard her call to me.

I walked as fast as I could eastbound. If I went west from my house I would also end up at her house, but I decided to make it a straight shot instead of having to take a few turns here and there. Hyria probably doesn't even know she's returned. So I'll tell her the news and then tell her of my journey. She'll be delighted, and sad at the same time. I began to slow down as I saw the cozy little cottage approaching. "Y/N! I am so glad you came over! It has been forever since I last saw you." Hyria said as she came out to greet me. Before I could even say a word she had gotten to me and gave me a hug.

"Hyria I have good news and bad news," I said while she let go of me. "Which one do you want to hear first?"

"Well before I hear anything why don't you come inside and sit down so you're comfortable." She quickly ushered me inside and led me to her living room where I sat down in the seat across from her. "So, Y/N, what did you want to tell me?"

I brushed my H/C hair behind my ear as I prepared for her to get... well I don't really know. "Well, I have two things to say. One, I'm leaving the forest." I paused as she looked shocked.

"Wait, you're just leaving me to care for our forest, alone? How could you do that? After she left, you just want to leave me alone to care for the forest we three planted?" She looked as if I told her I killed someone she cared for.

"But you haven't even heard the reason yet." I looked at her with sad E/C eyes and she instantaneously calmed down. "The second thing I have to tell you is, she's returned." I stopped there to see how she would react.

"She's returned? She has? THIS IS GREAT NEWS! She'll finally be able to remember who she was, who we are..." She stopped there, and a wave of realization hit her face. "But that means you have to leave to help on the journey to remember all of these things. I just..." She stopped there and started crying.

I got up and gave her a hug. "I promise I'll bring her to come visit." I began crying as well. "I'll miss you deeply, but I am afraid that I must leave now or I'll never be able to leave." She nodded understandingly and let me leave. As I walked westbound now I wondered what she looked like after all of these years. I still remember the day that young boy, Vylad was his name? Anyway, I still remember the day Hyria gave him the staff. He came back not long after and stayed with me for a while. He got to know me and of my mission and he said that when I got to the village of Pheonix Drop, to tell his brother hi for him.

Flashback

"Shade, if you could, please tell my brother hi for me, when you get to the village of course."

"Of course I will Vylad. What is his name, and what is the village's name?" I asked.

"His name is Garroth and the village's name is Pheonix Drop." He smiles and gave me a hug.

Flashback Over

Hopefully, I can find him fast and carry out my deal. He is at the village that Vylad placed the staff, which means Irene is near him. Hmmm... This makes my job so much easier. As I approached home I saw Zemi outside by the prepared spell. "I have everything ready. All you have to do is go grab some items that you want out of your house and we can commence the spell." She said looking towards me.

"I think I only want 3 items," I said as I walked into my dark colored house. I looked at every book that lines the bookshelf. I was looking for a purple colored journal. I found what I was looking for on the third shelf down and the fourth book from the left. I pulled it off the shelf and looked at it carefully. This may act as an empty book but it is full of journal entries that don't exist anyone but 2 people. Irene and I. We wrote them together. So this may be crucial in proving that I am not lying to... Well, I don't know what name she was given after she returned. I think Vylad said it was Aphmau or something like that.

I then went upstairs to find my bag that will hold my house. Yes I know that sounds super weird, but it is a bag just big enough to hold my house. Then I went to look for my spellbook. I'll need that to hide my facial features. As well as help me defend myself if needed.

I walked back out of the house just as Zemi cast the spell. My home immediately teleported to my bag. I slung the bag over my shoulder and set Zemi on my other shoulder. I started walking north. Towards Pheonix Drop. I pulled my map out of my pocket and saw I should arrive in about 20 minutes. I imagined myself stepping into the map about where Pheonix Drop is. As I opened my eyes I saw that I was in front of the gates. Well, it took less than 20 minutes. As I began to run back into the forest a little way, I heard a voice call after me and I froze.

After a few seconds, I ran off into the forest. As I was running, I grabbed ahold of a low-hanging branch and swung myself up into the tree. I sat there waiting to see if they would follow. It sounded like a male voice and it was at the gate so it could have been a guard. As we were waiting I told Zemi to return to the spirit world so she couldn't get hurt. I, on the other hand, grabbed my spell book from a pocket on the inside of my cloak. I flipped through the pages and found the spell I wanted. It would turn my face, basically into shadows so no one could see what I looked like. Then I found the second spell I wanted. It would change the color of my hair so no one could know that either. From H/C to R/C. "There." Then I fell asleep.