At the Gates

"There's someone at the gates that are requesting Shade. They look like trouble."

"Steady yourselves," I said.

"Why?" Aphmau asked.

"I'm gonna teleport us." I snapped my fingers and we were right at the gate. I looked beyond the walls to see Shidi. But something was wrong with both her aura and appearance, instead of having a light aura she had a dark malicious one and her eye color was wrong. She usually has sapphire blue eyes, but the eye color now is a baby blue. Wait, a baby blue... No!

"Shade! It's so good to see you!" 'Shidi' said.

"Open the gates," I whispered to Dante.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Just trust me on this." He nodded and opened the gate.

I rushed forward pretending to want to give her a hug. But just as I was a few steps away from her I summoned my Shadow Sword. I stepped behind her and placed my sword to her neck. "SHADE!" Aphmau yelled.

"Start talking, Lillian," I whispered in her ear.

"Aww. Was I found out that quick?" She whispered back to me.

"It's not hard to tell. I can see your aura and eye color are different from the person your impersonating."

"But I've distracted you." What? "You should look at your lady."

I turn and look in Aphmau's direction. She was on the ground, with a stab wound in her side. I freaked out on the inside, but I held a calm facade. "CLOSE THE GATES DANTE!"

"OK!"

I pushed the sword tighter against Lillian's neck. "Well, I have a message for you to give to Zane." I stopped.

"I'll give it to him once I return to O'Khasis."

"Good. Now tell him that if he wants to speak to me, we do it on my terms and he has to come to Pheonix Drop."

I released Lillian and teleported into the gates. Just as I turned around, she was gone. I sprinted to my lady. "Irene!" I slid on my legs and stopped right next to her. She moved slightly and her heart was beating. I sighed slightly. But that doesn't change the fact she's wounded. I picked her up like a bride and ran back to the newer part of the village.

I sprinted past everyone else, to the bottom of the tree that held the tree house. I knew there was a ladder to climb up and I wouldn't be able to climb with Irene in my arms. So, I quickly teleported to the tree house. I held her tightly in my arms. Unluckily for me, there were people in the tree house that I know didn't trust me 100%. (*cough* Laurence and Aaron *cough*)

"Aphmau!" They both ran to me and took her from my arms. They set her down and went to grab supplies to heal her. I ran to her side and looked at the wound. I lightly placed my hand on it and it healed back to full health.

"There. That should do it." However, in turn, I know have the wound. I looked down and winced. Wow, they got her good. I placed both of my hands on my hip, to try and hide the severity of the wound. Aphmau fluttered her eyes open and I smiled. "Hey. How do you feel?"

"My wound. What did you do?" She placed a hand on her side where the wound should be.

"I switched your pain for my comfort."

"What?"

I sighed. "You don't have the wound and-" I was cut off by Laurence and Aaron who returned with the medical supplies. They pushed me out of the way and looked at Aphmau's side.

"Where did the wound go?" Aaron asked.

"Shade healed me," Aphmau said.

Before the conversation could go on, I doubled over in pain, causing all three of them to look towards me. "Wow, they really got you good." I stood straight again and removed my hands from my side. They were extremely bloody and my side was stained red. I was getting slightly dizzy, which means I'm gonna pass out from blood loss hear soon.

"Shade! What happened!?" Aphmau rushed up and out of her bed and to my side. 

"Well before Aaron and Laurence came and ruined our conversation, I was gonna say that I healed your wound, but my type of healing gives me the wound instead." I stopped and fell backward. Darkness slowly encasing me.