Exist

First oneshot out of four in celebration of Halloween week. Enjoy! I don't usually write stuff like this so I thought it would be fun to write a little something for spooky month :)

"Aliens?"

"Real."

"Spirits?"

"Real."

"Mood rings?"

Tyler busted out laughing. "Bullshit," he shook his head. "Those are just based off of temperature."

"Well I mean you are very hot..." Brendon laughed back.

"Shut up!" Tyler's cackling got heavier as Brendon snickered beside him.

"Okay, okay..." he let out a breath. "Vampires?"

"One thousand percent fake," Tyler shook his head. "Made up. Phony. Do not exist."

"How do you know? There could be millions of creatures out there that nobody knows about! Speaking of percentages, 95 percent of the ocean is unexplored! There could be gangs of mermaids down under!"

"'Gangs of mermaids down under'" Tyler stifled another laugh. "Why do you talk the way you do?"

"You know you love it," Brendon winked. "But as I was saying. There's no proof that they're not real. The myth had to come from somewhere."

"Brendon you're just backing up this theory because you write Twilight fan fiction," Tyler deadpanned.

The mention's face turned a light rose color as he blushed. "No I'm not!" He defended. "Those two have nothing to do with each other!"

"Uh huh," he laughed again resulting in Brendon joining in.

The noise finally died down before the brunette spoke again. "All I'm saying is that you never know," he shrugged as he took a drink of the soda sitting on the kitchen table in front of him.

"And all I'm saying is I think you're a crackhead," he challenged, causing Brendon to roll his eyes.

"If you're just gonna bully me I'm gonna make you leave."

"No— Brendon. You know I'm just teasing you. If you think vampires exist go ahead I'm just saying it's not very plausible."

"But it's possible," Brendon tapped his own head twice. "It's all about believing."

"Yeah yeah," Tyler shook his head with a laugh. "Finish your drink so we can go back to your room and study for our Chem test. My mom is gonna beat my ass harder if I fail this than your mom would if you spilled Coke on her white carpet."

"Oh shit, that means we gotta study hard."

---

It was currently two am on a Thursday morning and Tyler was fucked. He was supposed to be back home by nine but fell asleep studying with Brendon so he hauled his ass home in hopes his mom went to bed before his curfew.

See, Tyler didn't have a car. Brendon had picked him up and when he tried to wake his friend up to take him home he was too passed out to do anything else but mumble "just walk". He felt like he was the only sophomore that didn't drive to school and it was because his mom didn't trust him enough to not get into a wreck. He was a safe driver and had his restricted license and everything but she was extremely overprotective of him.

And damn was he tired of it.

Since it was only early April, it was warm earlier when he went to Brendon's but now it was freezing and he didn't have a jacket with him. Crossing his arms, he put them tightly over his chest to attempt some warmth.