Lab Rat

Hey guys! I posted this on my message board but I know not all of you follow me. If you guys have any ideas for oneshots you'd like to see me write let me know! There's no guarantee I'd write it though, just if I like it. I have a ton of ideas so I don't NEED any but I know sometimes you guys get ideas and either don't have the time/stamina to write them or feel comfortable writing them and it's easy to just sit back and read someone else's interpretation. If you have any drop them here!

Josh stared at the man in front of him, the one that was currently passed out and tied to a bed. He took note of the way his sleeping pattern remained calm as he slept. The chemicals they had given him when his co-workers had captured him were working great. They gave him just enough time to finish setting up what he needed to.

The scientist made his way over to the tripod that he had set up a few minutes earlier and slid his camera in, making sure it was on Tyler before pressing record. "Time is 15:37. Subject 0210 seems to be sleeping peacefully due to the drugs administered through his body via injection upon being captured by Weekes and Urie. Physical appearance is normal as of now but is subject to change upon his awakening," Josh paused, writing down notes on his clipboard as well in case something happened to his footage. He pressed stop and turned the camera off to avoid wasting the battery. He had no idea how much longer it would be before the drugs wore off.

Josh smiled to himself as he sat down in the office chair in his experimentation room. He and his team had been following this boy for two years and today was the day they had finally gotten him in their grasp.

Tyler Joseph was special. Josh didn't know how or why he was special but he just was. The thing that made him special was brought to Josh's attention two years ago when police reported of an "incident" at a restaurant. One of the officers was having dinner with his family when a boy had gotten flustered and rushed to the bathroom. The officer, concerned, had followed the boy and was shocked to find what he did.

Since the police force worked closely with the laboratory Josh worked at, he had been alerted immediately and they attempted to keep things under wrap. Josh figured his team had done a pretty good job since Tyler had no idea they were even watching him let alone capture him.

Unethical? Perhaps. But Tyler was 19 so he was a legal adult thus making it easier to experiment on the oblivious boy.

Josh was in the middle of pondering when Tyler began to stir. The 26 year old hopped up from his chair and turned the camera on just in time for Tyler to crack his eyes open. He was sat upright and when he saw Josh he jumped in his seat. "Where am I?" He asked, blinking against the harsh lights.

"Time is now 15:54. Subject 0210 has just woken up and is in a confused state of mind."

"Of course I'm fucking confused!" Tyler began thrashing against the restraints, a terrified look on his face.

"Welcome to the Testing Bureau for Genetic Specialties, Tyler," Josh smiled.

That's when it dawned on him. The look of realization was so visible it was scary. "No," Tyler closed his eyes and let his head fall back into the chair.

And that's when it happened. Josh had figured out from him and his team observing (not stalking if anyone asks!) Tyler that his speciality occurred when he was mad, pained, anxious, embarrassed, scared, or extremely sad.

Josh didn't know which emotion the boy was experiencing, maybe all of them. It didn't matter though because he had still gotten the exact moment on camera. The thing that had lead the laboratory into investigating him in the first place.

The skin on Tyler's hands and neck slowly began to fill up with what looked to be black dye. The brunette opened his eyes and they were bright red instead of the brown they had been before. This is exactly what Josh has wanted to happen.

The scientist picked a syringe he had filled earlier and flicked the needle before walking over to Tyler. His now red eyes widened when he saw how long the needle was and he began trashing around once more. "Please," he begged. "Don't."

Josh just smiled as he approached the man. The drug wasn't anything bad, it would just keep Tyler in a paranoid state of mind so Josh could start tests on him. He didn't think Tyler would get too comfortable but based on the tests Josh was going to run there was a chance that he could pass out and that would ultimately cause his appearance to go back to normal.

"This won't hurt," Josh paused. "Too much."

He pushed the needle into Tyler's black neck and the brunette howled in pain as it occurred. Josh swiftly took the needle out and disposed of it in the garbage. "Who are you?" Tyler panted, a pained expression still on his face.

"Professor Dun," Josh replied in a monotone voice as he picked up his clipboard and began writing more information down about what had just occurred.

"I didn't ask for your name," Tyler breathed out, a scowl on his face.

Josh looked up and a grin made its way on his face. "Okay then. I'm your worst nightmare."

Tyler's annoyance quickly morphed into shock and then into fright once again. "Please. Let me go. You don't want me."

Josh rolled over a cart with various items on it before rolling his chair over as well and sitting next to Tyler. "Yes I do," he grabbed a cotton pad and 100% rubbing alcohol to begin the first test. He put some of the alcohol on the pad before speaking again. "My team and I have been watching for you awhile, Tyler. You're very special."

"Please just leave me alone," he sobbed out.

"No can do," Josh sighed before pressing the cotton pad to Tyler's hand. He was performing a series of tests to not only see what triggered this response but also if they could avoid it or make it go away. He rubbed on the area lightly but all it did was make the skin wet.

He then followed it up with attempting to cover it with concealer and other types of makeup but all it did was disappear over the skin. It didn't even stick over the black areas.

"This is very impressive Tyler," Josh began, cleaning up the supplies from before. Tyler looked like he was on the verge of passing out from fear so Josh decided to take a break for a moment. "When did you realize this was occurring in your body?"

"I don't know," Tyler replied, his voice swaying. "It's been happening ever since I can remember. My parents discovered it when I was about three though. They didn't know what to do and they didn't want to lose their precious baby so they kept me in the house as much as possible and homeschooled me my whole life. Guess it didn't work because I'm here now."

"Yes you are," Josh smirked. "And you're going to be my perfect test subject."