Stella (part 2)

In which Tyler and Josh have a kid (part 2)

age 13 - eighth grade

"Stella Peyton Dun what did you do?" Tyler asked in a whisper as he walked into the principal's office of his daughter's middle school.

"Mr. Dun, I presume?" The principal cleared his throat and Tyler looked over, giving him a sheepish smile. He stuck his hand out.

"Yes, sorry. I'm Stella's father. You can call me Tyler though," he waited for the principal to shake his hand but it never came. Instead, he sat in his chair and motioned for Tyler to do the same. He glanced at the name plate on the perfectly organized desk and saw it said Mr. Harmon

"Is it just you coming, Mr. Dun?" He asked, distastefully looking at Tyler's paint stained clothes.

"Yeah," he nodded. "My husband couldn't make it he's stuck at work. I'm an artist and I was painting before I got the phone call so excuse my attire."

"Are you aware of what your daughter did?" Mr. Harmon asked as he jumped straight into why they were there.

"I mean the phone call was very vague–"

"She had another one of our students pinned against the locker. Stella managed to get two punches to the face before our SRO stepped in."

Tyler looked directly at Stella, his eyes wide. She just turned her head to the side and crossed her arms in front of her chest insecurely. "I'm so sorry," Tyler sighed. "She's never done something like this before. Is there anything she can to do soften her punishment? Is there anything I can do?"

"No," he replied in an strict tone. "We have a zero tolerance policy for violence. Stella is suspended for three days not including today," he told Tyler. The brunette just sighed. "This will go on her record."

"Okay, I really am sorry," he offered, not knowing what else to do since this had never happened before.

"Stella will be allowed to get her things only if escorted by the SRO."

While she was doing that, Tyler filled out the paperwork necessary for absent work and such and once she returned they walked out together in silence.

As soon as they got in the car, Tyler began driving away from the school. His knuckles were white as he drove down Parkview Boulevard. Stella knew her father was pissed and she was scared to break the silence, but she did anyway.

"Are you going to say anything?" The eighth grader spoke up. Tyler didn't reply as he slowed in front of a stop light. "Papa?"

"What the fuck was that?" He finally spoke, his voice only slightly raised. Stella's eyes widened. In the thirteen years she's been alive she has never heard Tyler say 'fuck'. "Huh? You have never acted out like this before and all of a sudden you're beating up some girl at school? Your father and I raised you better than that," he pressed on the gas as the light turned green.

Stella instantly burst into tears which would've left Tyler surprised as well if he hadn't been so angry. She rarely ever cried. "I'm sorry," she told him. "I just... I heard Brittany Harmon talking about you guys behind my back and I had enough. She's been saying stuff about our family for months and she always gets away with everything just because she's the principal's daughter and I snapped."

Guilt instantly surged through Tyler. He felt horrible for not even asking what had happened and instantly believing his daughter was in the wrong. He should've known better. He's known her since she was a month old. "What did she say to you?"

"I don't wanna tell you."

"Stella..."

"She called you and Dad faggots multiple times and said I was a freak that didn't belong. She told me I was gonna be screwed for the rest of my life because of you guys," Stella paused to wipe her eyes. "She's said a lot of stuff too but that's mainly what I remember and I couldn't handle it anymore. Her whole family is homophobic and I was scared the principal was gonna say something to you when you came in. I'm sorry, Papa."