Real Life

This oneshot is inspired by a conversation I had while facetiming my friend. It's based on the boys' lives and the events that had lead up to now. Obviously parts of it are dramatized but some of the elements I've written are very obvious in their lives today. The timeline is a little altered and some details have been changed but that's just for the story line. Enjoy.

"God fucking dammit!" Josh yelled as he tugged at his hair.

"Would you shut the hell up?" Tyler snapped in a quiet voice. "If fans or paps find out we're here they're gonna be real intrigued in our conversation. And what is everyone gonna think when golden boy Josh Dun starts screaming cuss words? Huh?"

"Conversation my ass," Josh scoffed, not addressing the second part of Tyler's reply. "It's me losing my fucking mind."

The two band members were currently in a hotel room in Los Angeles and it wasn't a nice one. Hell, it was barely a step up from Motel 8 but Tyler didn't mind it. He never did.

"J..."

"And it's bullshit you're staying at a hotel. I offered to let you stay with me at my place and now you're sleeping in this dump?"

"We both know why I didn't want to stay at your place."

The room went silent.

"Welcome to Guitar Center how may I— oh ew it's you."

"Nice to see you too Chris," Tyler grinned. "And I wouldn't talk that way to the handsome man bringing you lunch," he handed his band mate a bag of Taco Bell.

"Thank you I guess," Chris rolled his eyes playfully and Tyler laughed in response.

"You're welcome. Everything still on for rehearsal tonight?"

"Yeah," Chris nodded as he opened the fast food bag to make sure all of his stuff was in there. He paused. "Tyler?"

"Yes...?"

"Where's my chalupa?"

"I got hungry," Tyler scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Dude why didn't you get yourself something?" Chris laughed despite his missing food.

"I didn't think I was gonna get hungry," he admitted. "And then I did."

Chris just shook his head in disbelief as he grabbed out his cinnamon twists. He had asked Tyler to bring him the $5 cravings box and good thing he did because a piece of it was already gone.

"Should you really be eating by the cash register?" Tyler quirked an eyebrow.

"Normally no but it was supposed to be my lunch ten minutes ago and no one is here to cover—"

Chris was cut off when suddenly the door opened and a guy that looked around Tyler's age rushed in, his brown hair a mess. "I'm so sorry I'm late, Chris. Traffic was terrible and—"

"Don't worry about it, that intersection down the street is always crazy around lunch," Chris waved the unknown employee aside. "Just go clock in. I won't say anything."

"Got it. Thank you," he nodded and disappeared into the back.

"Now I can actually eat my food," Chris said making Tyler chuckle. "My body is so ready but the store bathrooms are so not."

The guy from before came back out to the register. "I really am sorry Chris it won't happen again. If you want those ten minutes back I'll cover for you so you have enough time to eat."