Castle

Tyler sat impatiently, his legs crossed as well as his arms. He was fucking furious. The audacity of these... these peasants! He invites him into his home (Jenna invites them into his home) and they dare insult him like that?

Suddenly the doors to the throne room opened and in trailed two of his guards. The two criminals entered in front of them and Tyler could see they were handcuffed. The man had an open slash across his cheek and the woman had tear tracks on her face. They looked dirty and there were dirty. Utter filth.

"Here, King Joseph," one guard spoke, kicking both of the figures to their knees.

"Thank you, Dallon and Ryan," he replied. Dallon went over to stand by the double doors in case anything went wrong while they were in the throne room, Ryan following.

Tyler stood up from his throne. He couldn't help but notice how the one next to him was empty. Granted, that was because of him. He had made Jenna stay in their room. She always went soft on people. This affected Tyler personally, he couldn't have people going soft.

The king walked down the few steps onto the floor, the heels of his shoes echoing loudly in the small room. He made his way towards the two. The gash on the man was pretty deep and there was blood running down the side of his face. Tyler wanted to feel sympathy for him but he didn't. He hasn't felt sympathy since he was little.

"So..." Tyler began, pacing back and forth in front of them. "What am I going—"

"Please!" The woman sobbed out. "Don't hurt him. It's my fault. Let him free!"

"Hayley, shut the fuck up," the guy spat at her, not meeting Tyler's eye.

"No, Hayley," Tyler looked at her. "Please continue. This is your fault?"

Hayley didn't respond.

"It was my idea she's just trying to cover for me," the man sighed out of boredom.

Tyler was intrigued. People cowered in fear at the sight of him. His people were terrified of him. This man was not.

"It was your idea to come in and steal my fucking possessions?" Tyler seethed.

"Attempt to steal," he corrected, smirking. "I never actually got to do so. We got caught."

"I'm gonna fucking kill—"

"You don't scare me," he scoffed. "I've heard the rumors about you. That you killed your parents so you could take the throne. That you beat your wife and she was sold to you. That you have a body count of death higher than fucks. That's all they are. Rumors. You're not big or bad. You're a coward."

Tyler was so angry all he could see was red. His calloused hands gripped the man's head, in between his neck and chin. "What's your name you scumbag?"

"Josh you jackass," he smirked once more.

No has ever talked back to Tyler like this. He was taken aback if he was going to be honest. The crown on his head felt ten times heavier. He felt the pressure of ruling start to weigh him down like it did more often than not. He was only 22 for fucks sake he didn't know how to be in charge.

He looked at Dallon and Ryan. "Why does he have a gash on his face?"

"Uncooperative, sir," Ryan explained.

"She," Tyler pointed to Hayley. "Gets her hand cut off for trying to steal. Her right one. If she screams then take both. After that she's free to go," he pointed to Josh next. "Send him back to the basement. I'll deal with him personally."

"Yes, sir," they replied in unison. Dallon took a sobbing Hayley and Ryan a thrashing Josh. Tyler smirked at their distress and sighed once the doors banged closed.

He wouldn't admit this, but Tyler hated ruling. He hated being king. It was too much work for him. He was barely an adult. He didn't know what he was doing. His parents weren't around anymore either to help him. Although he had gone cold before he even became a teenager, the stress of being in charge made it worse. It made him a dictator.

Tyler went through the small side door and exited the throne room, walking down the hall and opening the large double doors on the end of it.

Once he was inside, he saw his wife pacing around their bedroom worriedly. She relaxed when she saw Tyler. "Are you alright?"

Tyler's heart softened at the sight of her. The rumors about him beating her and buying her were by no means true but they weren't married by choice. He still loved her, but not like that. They were just covering up secrets for one another. "Yeah," he sighed. "I have to go deal with some shit."

"What did you decide?" She bit her thumb nail nervously.

"She gets her hand cut off for stealing, I'm dealing with him now. I'll probably kill him myself."

Jenna grabbed his arm and pulled him in for a hug. "Tyler," she whispered. "You can take it easy."

"No I can't!" He snapped, pulling away. He knew Jenna never took it personally he just got worse when he was stressed. "If I don't enforce punishment everyone will take me for granted. You saw what happened with my parents. They were kind to the people and they got killed. I'm not making the same mistakes."

"Okay," she nodded, looking down. "I'm sorry."

Tyler sighed. "It's okay. It's just..." he paused, feeling his throat tighten. "He tried stealing the shit my parents left me. It affects me differently."

"I know."

Tyler grabbed her chin so she was looking at him. "No more dinner parties," he said sternly. "I don't trust anyone."

"Okay," Jenna whispered, nodding.

"I'll be back soon," he told her, kissing her cheek before walking out of his bedroom.

He headed towards the palace basement with one thought on his mind:

This bastard was surely going to pay.