Stella

In which Tyler and Josh have a kid

"Papa, Papa! Help me!" A voice shrieked.

Tyler was in the kitchen cutting up vegetables for dinner when he felt something smack into his leg and latch on. He looked down and saw his daughter grabbing onto him for dear life. "Why am I helping you, baby?"

"Daddy's coming," she whispered, looking up at him with her big brown eyes. "He's trying to tickle me."

"Here, I'll help you hide," Tyler picked up the five year old and hurried over to the pantry. He opened the door and turned the light on before pointing to the floor. "Sit here and be extra quiet, okay?"

She nodded quickly and Tyler shut the door, walking back over to the counter as Josh walked into the kitchen. "Hey, honey," the man said. "Have you seen Stella?" he continued knowingly.

"Nope. Haven't seen her in awhile. Wasn't she with you?" Tyler replied, a smile on his face as he continued chopping a bell pepper.

"She was but she escaped," Josh explained as his arms snaked around Tyler's waist. He rested his head on his husband's shoulder and watched him make dinner for a few seconds before speaking again. "I guess you and I will have to eat all the ice cream tonight. What a shame," he sighed.

"Wait no!" Stella burst out of the pantry. "I'm right here, Daddy!"

"Ah ah ah, you shouldn't have done that," Josh slowly began to creep up on her. "The tickle monster is coming."

"No!" Stella ran out and Josh shot Tyler a smile before going after her.

"I'm gonna getcha!"

"Nooo you'reee nottt!"

Tyler laughed to himself, shaking his head in disbelief as he moved the peppers off to the side so he could cut the onions.

---

After dinner everyone sat on the couch eating ice cream and watching TV. Tyler was stretched out on one side of the couch while Josh was on the other, their legs tangled together in the middle as Stella sat curled against Tyler. They did this every Friday night and she would alternate who she laid next to. She would say she loved them both too much to pick and whoever she didn't sit with had to hold her stuffed rabbit so they didn't feel lonely.

The were currently watching Coraline and they each had a bowl of cookie dough ice cream (Stella's favorite) in front of them. Tyler and Josh finished theirs early into the movie but Stella was too focused to eat hers, causing Tyler to glance at it every so often to make sure it didn't spill.

"Baby, are you sure this isn't too scary for you?" Josh asked.

"Yes, Daddy," she huffed. "You've asked me this three times. I picked out this movie because I knew I could handle it," she took a bite of her almost melted ice cream. "Are you scared?"

Josh didn't answer.

"J?" Tyler looked over, a smile on his face. "It's just a kids movie."

"It's unsettling," Josh mumbled.

"It's also eight o'clock," Tyler added, grabbing Stella's bowl and setting it on the couch. "Time to get ready for bed."

"No! Papa," she whined. "We haven't finished the movie!"

"We can watch the rest tomorrow when Daddy's at work so he won't get scared," Tyler teased.

"Ten more minutes? Please?" Stella bargained.

"Nope, sorry bug," He picked her up and she begrudgingly wrapped her arms around her father. "Say goodnight to Daddy in case you're asleep before he finishes cleaning."

"Goodnight Daddy. I love you," she said in a monotone voice.

"Night, kiddo. I love you more," Josh stood up and kissed her cheek before began taking the bowls into the kitchen as Tyler carried Stella up the stairs. They would always clean up dinner together but whoever didn't have Stella would clean up the ice cream mess and the rest of the house. They happened to alternate with that too, the person Stella laid with also put her to bed.

After taking a quick bath, brushing her teeth, and arguing why she should have been able to watch Coraline for ten more minutes, Stella was in bed and wearing her Paw Patrol pajamas.

"Papa?" She asked as Tyler pulled the covers over her.

"Yes, baby?"

"Why did you name me Stella?"

"Well," Tyler sat on the edge of the bed. "Your dad and I started looking for names online and listened on TV and read books and just kept our eyes and ears out for a name we thought was cute. I found Stella one day online and I thought it was cute cause that's sort of a space themed name and you're my little star. You're my star in a universe of other stars."

"Is Daddy your star too?"

"Nope. Daddy's my planet since he's a lot bigger than you," he poked her side, making her giggle. "But you both are my world. Everything revolves around you guys."

"I love you, Papa. I really do."

"I love you with all my body, bug. All the way from the tallest strand of hair on my head to my toe."

"The pinky one?"

Tyler laughed. "The pinky one," he smiled. "Goodnight, baby."

"Night," she mumbled, leaning into her pillow. Despite how stubborn she was Tyler knew she tired. Just as he stood up to turn the light off, the door opened. "Daddy?" She mumbled again.

"I'm right here," Josh replied. He went over and whispered something in her ear to make her giggle before he kissed he nose. "I love you so much, goodnight," he called to her as he approached Tyler.

Stella yawned and closed her eyes just as Tyler flicked the light off and shut the door.

"Wanna go downstairs? Or are you ready for bed?" Josh asked.

"We can go sit for a little bit," Tyler shrugged, leading his husband to the living room.

Once they were on the couch, they sat by each other and Josh wrapped his arm around Tyler, the latter leaning into him. "She's such a good kid," Josh spoke up in amazement.

"I don't know how we got so lucky," Tyler added. "She's the best little girl in the whole world. She's so smart and decisive and hardheaded but she's also kind and has a heart of gold."

"I heard what you said," Josh smiled at him.

"What are you talking about?"

"When you were tucking her in, I stood in the hallway and listened. I heard you say we were your whole world."

"I mean it's true, you just aren't supposed to know how big of a sap I am," he laughed.

"Babe we've been together for almost ten years I already know how big of a sap you are," Josh pressed a kiss to his lips. "Is this feeling going to last forever?"

"What feeling?"

"Of just pure happiness. I'm with the man of my dreams, I have the best daughter in the whole world, we have a beautiful house, and we both have established careers. I'm just so happy all the god damn time and I hope it never goes away."

"I hope so too," Tyler closed his eyes. "I know it'll last for me as long as I'm with you."

Aw, that's cute. I'm gonna be alone forever.

This oneshot is about 1200 words long and I planned on showing different parts of Stella's life as she gets older but this part turned into a whole ass novel so... :/

If you guys wanna see a part two where I delve into their lives when Stella's 13-20 comment here and I'll be happy to write it! (I'll probably post it regardless but if ppl actually want to read it I'll work in it sooner)