Magic

Second oneshot for Halloween week! This is probably my favorite oneshot I've ever written and I have a lot more planned so if you'd be interested in a part 2 after Halloween or even a whole ass fic let me know!

Tyler awoke to the sun shining through the curtains in his room and the sound of birds chirping outside. Groaning, he ran a hand through his brown fluffy hair and yawned as he dropped his hand. His eyes fluttered over to the mark on his hand, the one signifying he would always be different.

He let a sigh escape his cracked lips and glanced at the time on the clock. 7:15. The same time he woke up every school day. Making his way out of bed, Tyler began discarding his clothes and setting them in the hamper next to his closet door. Having showered the night before, all he had to do was get dressed, eat breakfast, and brush his teeth.

Not feeling particularly awake enough to walk around, he concentrated on his closet door and watched it slide open. He outstretched his hand and waited for his clothes to come to him. The pants, shirt, and undergarments all floated over to him. Telekinesis really was a life saver.

"Tyler!" a voice hollered up the stairs.

"What?" He called, tugging on his black jeans.

"Mom says hurry up we're starting Morning Ritual soon!" his sister, Maddy, replied.

"Okay, give me a few minutes I'm getting dressed!"

"Just hurry!"

Tyler shook his head as he pulled his black shirt on in distaste. They had a rule in their house: no clothes that weren't black. He had no problem with the black jeans but he looked like a freak wearing a black shirt everyday too. So most days he'd take one of the shirts he had boughten and change in the school bathroom before the first bell and then change out before walking home. Every once in awhile he'd wear a black shirt but not enough to look like a weirdo. He figured today would be fine since he hasn't worn one in about a week or so.

He tugged his socks and (black) Converse on before running to the bathroom to put on deodorant and comb through his hair. "Lookin' good, Joseph," he cracked a smile.

"You're so lame," Tyler jumped and whipped around to see his brother fifteen year old brother, Zack, chilling in the doorway. "Mom sent me up to yell at you since we're all hungry and want to eat."

"I'm coming, I'm coming," he followed the younger downstairs and walked into the kitchen. He saw his mother, Maddy, and other brother, Jay, all sitting at the table with food on it. Zack took a seat and Tyler took his as his mother sent him an annoyed look.

"Now that we're all here," Kelly glanced at Tyler. "We can begin Morning Ritual."

"Where's Dad?" Tyler asked.

"He's dealing with Council stuff," Kelly sighed as everyone grabbed hands, Tyler latching onto one of Jay's and one of Zack's. "There's a new group of hunters in town and they're a family. One of the best."

Tyler's eyes widened. "Not the Duns."

Kelly nodded. "Unfortunately. Let's begin and then we can talk about that stuff after. Maddy, do you wanna lead today?"

"Sure," the fourteen year old spoke. "We hold hands today to cherish this moment in time and assure one another that we're all going to stick together no matter what hardships come our way. The relationship of this coven holds strong and nothing will defeat it."

Everyone said the short mantra they had learned as soon as they could talk along with Maddy and when she finished everyone let go of hands and began eating breakfast.