Three Wishes

Last oneshot out of the four! Happy Halloween! :)

Tyler drummed his fingers on his steering wheel as he drove. Humming to the song playing through his aux cord, he continued his way to his destination. His phone interrupted the sweet sounds of Queen by telling him to turn right in 800 feet. The screen told him five more minutes. He was excited to get there. Excited enough to drive thirty minutes outside of Columbus to visit this place. That didn't even include the time it took him to get through the large city on a Sunday afternoon with light traffic.

There was subtle rain, the noise of the windshield wipers on Tyler's silver 2013 Ford Focus emitting a soft sweeping noise every thirty second. The lanyard hanging from his mirror waved back and forth as the air blew. It was actually from a meet and greet concert pass from a concert he had been to a few months ago and every time he saw it it made him smile.

Shortly after getting the reminder on his phone, he pulled into the gravel parking lot of a small thrift store. A big banner hung from the awning that read 'CLOSING: EVERYTHING 50% OFF!'

Tyler had seen the ad on Instagram displaying that they were going out of business and were trying to get rid of everything in the store. He was a sucker for thrifting and had been doing it before it was cool, as snobby as it sounded. He grew up relatively poor since his mom stayed home to raise him and his three younger siblings while his dad worked a nine to five six days a week so they got a lot of their clothes from Goodwill and Salvation Army that Tyler later passed down to his brothers. Although they were pretty well off now since his mom had gotten a job four years ago when Tyler was thirteen, he still liked to go shopping at second hand stores. It brought a sense of nostalgia and completely made him forget about how pissed he was that it was now considered trendy so many years later thanks to people like Emma Chamberlain.

He shut his car off and with it ceased the music and the heat. Running a hand through his hair, he tugged on his hood from his yellow sweatshirt and grabbed his phone before getting out. He hurried through the rain and October air, finally reaching the door and pulling it open.

As soon as he walked in, a tiny bell above the doorway went off and the woman at the counter snapped her head up from where she was looking before. Tyler noticed the book on the counter and assumed she had been reading until he walked in. She had wavy blonde hair and bright blue eyes and couldn't be any older than twenty. "Hello," she greeted softly with a smile.

"Hey," Tyler smiled back.

"In case you didn't see the huge sign everything is half off. We just wanna clear out shop," she laughed slightly. "If you need anything I'll be right over here. My name's Jenna."

"Thanks," Tyler nodded before walking further into the store. He did want to look around the store and view clothes and such but he was also on a mission. He was on the hunt for a new lamp since his youngest brother, Jay, broke his last one with his basketball.

He went further and further into the store until he reached the appliance section and a lot of the things there were old or broken, which made him realize why they may have been going out of business. His eyes scanned the shelves before stopping on one lamp in particular. It was exactly the type of lamp he was looking for— a regular old desk lamp. It was mainly black with bits of silver throughout and it looked pretty good despite it just being really dusty. There was a tag on it that said 'WORKS!' in scratchy handwriting so he shrugged and picked it up, deciding to take a chance on it.

Tyler looked around the store a bit more, finding a few other things he liked. About twenty minutes after walking in he made his way back over to the counter but this time had the lamp, a few shirts, a sweatshirt, and a copy of Stephen King's The Shining.