Ouija

I lied this is my favorite oneshot I've ever written. Three out of four!

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

The four friends walked through the woods, stepping on leaves and tree branches. No one said a word. Everyone was either too scared or too anxious. The quiet was finally broken when the most scared piped up.

"Guys, we should go back," Josh told them.

"Stop being such a pussy," Ashley whined. "Nothing's gonna happen. This shit isn't real. We're just doing it for fun."

"Don't call him a pussy," Hayley told her girlfriend. "And this shit is real, Ash. We may be doing it for fun but don't say it's not real."

"Would you guys stop arguing?" Brendon asked. "God damn you're like a married couple."

"You're just jealous cause you're single," Ashley stuck out her tongue at him and he flipped her off in return.

"I still think we should go back. What if something does happen? We'd be so fucked man," Josh said nervously, rubbing his neck.

"Josh. It's just an urban legend. I'm sure nothing will even happen," Brendon  assured him. "If you wanna go back you can but you'd be going alone."

Josh sighed, knowing sitting in Brendon's truck alone would be much worse than whatever lies ahead for the group. He'd have no control over what happens to his friends if he stayed behind and if something happened to him while waiting no one would know what. "I'll go," he shook his head. "I don't even know what all this urban legend entails you just harassed me into going without giving me details."

"The legend of Blurryface," Ashley spoke in a haunting voice.

"You don't need to scare him you dick," Hayley hit her arm. "Just tell him the story."

"I hate you."

"No you don't or else you wouldn't eat me-"

"Shut the fuck up and tell the story or I'm going back," Brendon interrupted. "I don't wanna hear about your sex life."

"Quit whining," Ashley told him. "Anyway... the legend of Blurryface," she began in the same voice as before resulting in an eye roll from Hayley. "It all began in 1989 when the first murder was reported. It was a rainy Wednesday night when police were called to a home. When they arrived they found the whole family brutally murdered— their stomached ripped apart with their intestines hanging out, their fingers and toes cut off, throats slit, and faces smashed in. The only reason they could identify them was because they were at home when it happened. However, there were five beds in the house and six family members. The parents shared a bed and five of them were discovered dead. One of the kids was missing. His name was Tyler Joseph.

"This kid was fucking crazy. He went on to kill ninety more people including five families in the span of two years before getting caught. Then, he escaped from police custody while they talked about putting him on death row at only seventeen. After escaping he killed fifteen more people including the family that moved into the house he lived in previously. They caught him at the house and killed him on sight. Every person he murdered had different attributes to their death except for one thing— every person had their faces smashed in. Some people were never discovered since they were so unrecognizable. That's why they call him Blurryface."

"Holy shit," Josh whispered.

"Right," Ashley nodded, drumming her fingers on the box in her hand. "People say he haunts the house and kills anyone who dare enters. A suspected five people have died there in the last twenty seven years," she held up the ouija board in her hands. "That's why we're gonna use this baby to test that theory."