Who Do You Love?

"Babe?" Josh hollered towards the bedroom he shared with his boyfriend. "Have you seen the keys?" He asked, referring to the car they shared since the couple couldn't afford separate ones.

"Um..." Tyler paused. "Did you check the kitchen counter?"

"Yeah," Josh replied, going over to Tyler's coat which was hanging up by the door.

"The coffee table?"

"Yeah," he unzipped the pocket to see if Tyler had accidentally left them in there.

"The dining table?"

Josh stuck his hand in and felt the keys but froze when he felt something else in there. He pulled it out and it was a lose cigarette. "Found them..." he trailed off, staring at the item in disbelief. Tyler didn't smoke. He hated smoking actually ever since he broke up with—

Shaking his head, he shoved the cigarette back into his pocket and rezipped it just time for Tyler to walk into the living room. He raised an eyebrow. "Where were they?"

"Couch cushion," he laughed nervously. "Got stuck down there again."

Tyler giggled and walked over to Josh, pulling him in for a kiss. The dark haired reciprocated, pulling back when the glasses perched on his nose began to fog up. Tyler grinned and pecked one more kiss to his lips. "Hurry home," he said.

"I will," Josh nodded, swallowing the anxious lump in his throat.

"I love you," Tyler sang, heading back into their room.

"I love you too," Josh replied quietly, only moving once the bedroom door was shut.

He put his own coat on and hurried out to the car since it was starting to snow. Once he got in and had the heat turned on, he took a deep breath and backed out to make his way to the store.

His mind started to wonder to all the different possibilities that could explain why Tyler had a cigarette in his pocket. He started to think too much so he turned the on radio to distract him. He trusted Tyler.

---

The two were laying in bed, Tyler massaging Josh's shoulders, when the topic was brought up. "Are you alright, honey?" He asked, concern audible in his voice. Josh went to reply but Tyler cut him off, rubbing his shoulder just right so he let out a satisfied groan. "You seem tense," he laughed, gesturing to the fact he was giving Josh a massage.

Josh rolled the thought around in his head. He could either let it go and fester over it for God knows how long or confront Tyler and ease his worries. He went with the latter. "I was looking for the keys earlier..." he trailed off.

"Yeah...?" Tyler replied, confused. He already knew this and didn't know why Josh was repeating the information.

"And I lied. I found them in your coat pocket. There was a cigarette in there. You don't smoke," Josh exhaled, feeling his body fill with anxiety.

Tyler stopped rubbing. He was silent for a moment before finally speaking. "Look at me."

Josh turned his head so he could see Tyler, taking in the small lopsided smile on his face. "Yeah?"

"Relax," he let out a giggle, quickly pressing a kiss to Josh's lips. "My co-worker went out to smoke and he didn't have a coat so I let him borrow mine. He must've left a cigarette in there. I'll throw it away."

Josh felt his worries leave his body immediately after that. A small smile made its way onto his face as he nodded slowly. "Okay."

"You think too much," Tyler rested his head on Josh's shoulders and wrapped his arms around the other's stomach. "Everything's okay, baby. We're okay."