Death and Rebirth

Cinzia

She sunk deeper and deeper into the water, it's cold freezing hands draining her. She could barely see the moonlight now. Named after a Moon Goddess and yet here she was trapped in eternal darkness.

   Damn you Xanxus ! You power hungry bastard ! Oh yes, she learned about the secret about her 'Brother Dearest' he was born in the poorest regions in Italy and when his mentally ill mother saw his flame she took him to the 9th.

 Her Father had taken him in and treated him as a son but when Xanxus found those papers, Xanxus had no Vongola Blood in him so he would not become 10th. To think after all this time she had thought he just took after their ancestor, The 2nd, Ricardo in looks and personality. 

  The only consolation she had was the knowledge that Xanxus would be rejected by the ring and that he would be on the receiving end of her Father's wrath. It was one of the few things that made her feel better as she struggled to use her Dying Will.

  But even then she could not use them oddly enough. Must be some sort of drug, She theorized. After all there were things that brought out your flames to begin with so why not have the opposite.

  Father, please avenge your children's deaths and punish the Varia along with that ungrateful bastard.

So cold, I wish I could be warm. I wish I could control water, She thought. She did not want to die, not like this, in her Prime. I want more power.

Confirm complete," A synthesized voice of a woman replied.

   Strange, but I want more power. I wish to become stronger. Her mind succumbed with sleep and she was in eternal blackness.

Her back layed  on something hard. Had she been found by someone loyal to her family ? She opened her eyes but it was so dark. Slowly she twitched her fingers, she could feel them move. Well that's good. Now for my toes and then move my legs.

  Her feet were bare she noticed when she moved her legs. Well no pain, and I have all my body parts still. Xanxus must have failed then, she could not see him having a change of heart over killing his little sister.

  Now to sit up.

Her arms moved, bracing themselves as she sat up with ease and no pain. Odd but she was not one that tended to look a Gift Horse in the Mouth normally.

  Slowly she got up and took a hesitant step. Her feet touched something besides bare hard rock. Some type of grass then ? Odd of habit she reached for her Dying Will and willed her flame to appear in her hand.

   Unlike before the fire blazed harmlessly in her hand. The soft flame gave enough light for her to see oddly shaped plant with it's floppy fronds.

Something brushed against her bare leg. Something fluffy with long fur. Odd, she did not sense any danger or someone else with her. She used her Hyper Intuition. No threat, no danger and she was alone.

  Looking down one might have expected to see a cat, she tended to attract them in droves but all she saw was a big red bushy tail. She angled her flame and had it burned brighter. There was more tails...and they were her's.

What the heck am I ?

Answer.  You have been reborn as a Kitsune, A Fox Demon, The voice answered.

So I did die. Who are you ? Great Muse, It answered.

So she did die and was reborn. Oh well, it could be worse. She kept walking until she reached a body of water. Let's see what I look like.

Oddly she wore a kimono, her hair, ears and tails were a striking red but her eyes had kept the same Vongola characteristics, except more golden, she noted. Not a bad form at all.

  Smoothly flying over the water she only stopped when a voice asked, Can you hear me. Little one ?

That was not the Great Muse. Who are you ? She thought to herself.  Veldora, He answered back. How the heck, wait did I use Telepathy ? Yes, you did, Veldora answered back.

Veldora it turned out when she found him was a giant dragon. Black lustorus scales gleamed but with the hardness of steel and flexibility. My name is Storm Dragon Veldora, He said while he roared. While Holy Mother of God it was a real live freaken dragon she did not feel scared.

  Her Hyper Intuition informed her of no threat and only a idiotic fool would not listen. Oddly enough Veldora was pretty chatty, He explained it had happened before. People from other worlds, dying and end up being reborn here.

  I wished for more power. My so called brother had killed me just to be a false successor, She thought. You must have gained a lot of powers then, He commented.

  As time past she learned he had been imprisoned by a Yuusha hundreds of years ago. This Yuusha, Veldora explained used unique skills, Absolute Severance/ and Infinity Prison.

Her short stature was rather slender, snow white skin, silver black ponytail, small apple red mouth, Veldora mused over the old memory.

  Did he loose because he was fascinated by her beauty ? That's some meticulous observation ! She thought, unheard by the dragon who was still in memory lane.

Great Muse, Is there any way to free him ? She asked. Her answer was a blunt, There is no way.

After that day she had not only gained information but a friend. As for her old name, Cinzia. Veldora gave her a new name. They decided Inari Gale would fit.

  After that he taught her of Magic Perception, a useful ability for those who can't see. She eventually left the cave and explored but always came back to visit her old friend Veldora.

   And oddly to eat Hipokte grass that grew there while she made powerful potions that were stored in her body. Usually there she passed the time telling what she had seen, heard and learned. The tricks she pulled however seemed to amuse him the most as he would roar a laughter.