King Gazel's Invitation

Inari pov

A few days after their arrival Arubis and Sphia left to return to the Beast Country Yuurazania. However a few stayed in Tempest in order to learn from the nation's engineers. 

   A few days later Benimaru's envoy arrived back after their stay in Yuurazania.

"Their Military is quite a sight. Even the Foot Soldiers  are trained to the bone. It looks like Demon Lord Karion is quite influential," Benimaru reported. "Perhaps, that was why the Palace was so lavish while the common homes were rather sparten," Rigur added.

   "But that seems like that's what the common people wish for," The Hobgoblin added. Well monsters do follow the 'Rule of The Jungle' and it was the same here. "They also sent gifts." Plates full of cut fruit were served on platters in front of them.

   Looks like a melon. Taking a bite she could not help herself but exclaim, "So sweet !" It tasted like sweet Honey Dew. "They've been altering the fruit for generations," Benimaru added as he helped himself to some.

  "I need the seeds !" Leaving Rimuru and Benimaru she went to plant Tempest's future Honey Dew Melons.  

   "There and now for some sprouts to pop up," She grinned as she used one of her skills Space Time Manipulation she further the plants growth.

Next Day

Ranga speed really does not agree with the Dwarves, She thought at the nauseated looking dwarfs. But the four days were smooth sailing and continued on as they reached Dwargon. Shuna handled the officials with the practiced ease and dignity of a born princess.

   Now if Shion would behave half of her, She eyed the Oni woman who was here only because she cried and threw a tantrum over how unfair it was. Honestly she was surprised that Tempest had not been destroyed.

"I've had enough of the clever word-play. Let's get straight to the point. Is it true your Nation is in possession of High-Output Magical Weaponry ?" So that's why you invited us, Gazel you sly dog.

   Smiling she corrected the Dwarf King, "Oh your talking about Demon Lord Milim ? Yes, she's taken a liking to Tempest and we became friends." Leave it to Dwargon to go straight to any potential military power.

   "Say what ?!" Smirking she helped herself to some of the Apple Brandy. Way better then Tequila or Whiskey. Taking a sip she savored the sweet drink while the rest of the baffled Dwarves tried to absorb the new information.

  "So there are other Nations willing to recognize you ?" Gazel asked as Rimuru brought up an import of fruit. "Oh yes, The Beast Kingdom," She replied after another small sip as she paced herself. Getting drunk was not exactly dignified and there was no way she'd ever embarrass herself.

  Especially since I can't kill them.

"Yuurazanis !!!!????" Now all three of the Dwarfs surrounded them. Honestly while the one Dwarf said Tempest's Interest double she would have said tripled. After all with two Demon Lords on their side and the fact they had better trading opportunities then say Falamas.... Tempest would only get more influential and powerful.

  "Perhaps in time, it will replace Falmas as the heart of trade." Added to that their wine was better then any of Falmas. "What kind of Nation is Falmas ?" Rimuru asked. "It's a tiny crappy nation that's nearly dirt poor of I remember right. Not much Industry, mainly Tourism and Trade however the taxes are nasty," She replied as a nasty taste in her mouth appeared as she thought of the crappy nation.

  "You sure know a lot about Falamas," Rimuru remarked as he eyed her. "Hey I do more then sucker punch Demon Lords and mess with Gazel for amusement," She replied to the rest's astonishment.

...................................................... (A long pause in disbelief as everyone eyed her in shock)

"It's a major Nation fighting over some regions in the West. Just between you and me, I don't like them very much. And neither does Inari," Gazel answered.

    "It'll be fiiiiiine ! Leave it to Lord Rimuru and Inari. They'll get that trade stuff Yuurazania done in a jiffy !" Shion exclaimed. Yeah, Shion is drunk, Sighing she watched the happy drunk ignore Shuna and Rimuru as she chugged her drink before blacking out and falling backwards.

  "Well party's over. Night guys." Setting down her finished glass she made her way to her room. Far away from the others so she could get some sleep.

Next Day

Rimuru's speech was too short, too humble and way too much emotion, As Gazel pointed out. "No arguments there. It was terrible, I gave it zero points," She added her input. Rimuru was horrible at this stuff.

  Maybe I should have done it instead.......... Yeah next time I'll just do the work and give a speech. "A ruler should never bow his head to the masses. You would quickly loose the people's respect."

   "Not to mention paint yourself, Tempest and everything else as a easy target. It's like you were begging for someone to kill you and take over. If I had known your speech was that bad I would have done it myself." And it looked like all future speeches would be done by her in the future.

   Or I'll have punks causing trouble......

Later that night said Slime tried to be sneaky. He never learns, does he ? She sighed. But she'd leave Shion and Shuna to punish him for her. 

God save those idiots. Especially since Gobuzou was part of the group and he has this giant crush on Shion with her stunning good looks and curvy body. 

   "What's on your mind now ?" Looking at Gazel sip his brandy she sighed. "I feel like Falmas is going to cause Tempest trouble, but when I have no clue," She admitted. It had been something that would not leave her and let her rest.

  "You think they will react ?" Looking at the Dwarf King she smiled. "This is one of the things I like about you Gazel, you know better. Rimuru is so naive in his hope to exist with humans. Humans are after all greedy creatures who see those who aren't......" She sighed as she stopped herself and took a small drink.

   "Honestly I've been on edge. Falmas is rotten and corrupted.... it's only a matter of time until they react and I'm worried that Tempest is not prepared for it." And attacking would be foolish but I don't think the humans will realize their folly until they find out the hard way.

   Looking away from her drinking partner she eyed her glass like she could see the future at it's golden depths.