Turning Heads ~ a janoskians fan fiction ~ chapter 21

I woke up in utter misery. My eyes felt heavy from crying and I felt it so hard to keep them opened. I felt like ever since yesterday I didn’t deserve to be here in the brooks house.

All they do is help me and I treat them like it’s not enough. I appreciate everything they do for me and I guess I am just a massive painus in the anus and I’m just a stubborn bitch.

Why do they keep helping me? I’ve been horrible to them and I only cause problems. Worst of all, I put my best friend in danger and now I don’t know where he is.

I want him to be safe and I will go to any lengths for him. He isn’t only my best friend but he is my whole world. My mum fucked off on me so she left me to deal with this myself and Daniel has been there the entire time.

“Uhm... Angel?” Jai’s shaken voice asked. I was facing the wall while lying on the bed facing away from the door. I rolled onto my back as I spoke back trying to stop myself from bursting into tears.

“Yeah, Who else would it be?” I sarcastically spoke back. I felt bad for yelling at him after saving me but he let Daniel hurt himself and that is something a friend should never do to another friend.

“I’m sorry for letting Skip sacrifice himself for your safety. We just couldn’t stand to see you in such fear and depression. We only wanted you to be happy!” He apologised.

A tear escaped my eye followed by many others. I grabbed hold of Jai’s neck and hugged him. I needed a friendly hug and Jai gave me exactly that.

“You make it sound like he is gone forever!” I joked. I saw a smile escape his lips. I felt pleased to know that he didn’t hate me like I thought but I still don’t know why he keeps staying by my side along with the others.

“Why are you doing this? Why are you and all the others still here with me after all this shit I’ve done to you? I’m a horrible person!” I quizzed refusing to look him in the eyes. I knew one look in his eyes and I would only break down and cry again.

He tried to lift my head up but before my eyes could meet his I moved his hand forcing my head to look back down into my lap.

“You’re not just a friend, your family! You’re the sister I never had and I’ll look after you no matter what is happening!” He said grabbing hold of my arms and pulling me in for a hug.

I wanted to cry but I couldn’t. I just couldn’t stand being a broken little girl anymore. We pulled out of the hug and I saw Luke and Beau running through the bedroom to me grabbing an arm each and started dragging me to the front door.

“Woah woah woah! What’s going on?” I screamed at the boys as they released their grip on me and turned to face me with confused looks.

“Why aren’t you excited? Didn’t he tell you?” Beau asked pointing at his shy little brother. I shook my head looking over at Jai and watched him mouth ‘sorry’. I shook my head and smiled at him.

“Some random cop called up earlier and told us that Skip’s okay and that we can go visit him at Glenroy hospital!” Luke yelled shaking me slightly. I was overcome with happiness. I looked over at Jai again and he was hiding himself in his hands.

I ran up to him and yelled “DICKHEAD WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?” He shrugged and I saw he felt embarrassed.

I hugged him and squeezed him until I felt like he was allowed to breathe again. As I released him from my extremely tight hug I heard him catch his breath and I couldn’t help but laugh. We all piled into the car and headed for the hospital, Beau driving, Jai in the passenger seat, Luke in the middle of the back and me on the right window seat.