A Planets Ancient Secret

Aimilios and Fireteam Havoc raced into the Pelican. "Cat its go time!" Aimilios yelled.

"You've got it Ghost!" Cat said starting the Pelican up.

"This is Havoc we are taking off.... good luck up here." Cat said through the radio.

"Godspeed Havoc. We will have warm meals waiting for you, one way or another." The radio operator said and the Pelican took off.

"What do you think they're after Aimilios?" Rookie asked checking his sights again and again.

"I have a hunch, I only pray its not true." Aimilios said thinking about the reports the chief had sent, a forerunner artifact. He hoped that this was not some type of weapon, or that he was caught in the middle of something more.

It took only a few hours to fly down to the planet, then a couple more to get right above the tower.

"Holy shit, this thing destroyed everything." Boom said, looking out the back. Aimilios moved him aside and looked down. Truly it had done extensive amounts of damage. Aimilios turned back.

"Alright, we all know the deal, if the Covenant wants something it's gotta be this. We have no idea what's inside so be careful and let's kick some ass! Oooah!" Aimilios said, opening the door.

"Oooah!" Havoc said diving out and flying down.

"Cat, if we don't call in two hours, tell command to destroy this planet." Aimilios said, jumping out. He dove in a steep spiral downward catching up with his team. He moved fast and landed on an Elite killing it, his team mirrored him all around.

The Covenant must have been distracted because they didn't send any troops to the outside when shots were fired. Aimilios didnt know how many mags he used, he remembered using at least a dozen grenades and firing a covenant rifle but nothing more as he pushed deeper and deeper into the tunnels beneath.

"Mag boots!" Aimilios ordered, the squad activated the boots and slowly walked down the tunnel.

They reached the bottom and discovered a massacre.

"Jesus Christ." Rookie said taking off his helmet to puke, Aimilios couldn't blame him, the Elites were ripped open and torn apart.

"The hell did this?" he asked, spying plasma shots.

"Can the Covenant rebel?" Shadow asked, Aimilios shrugged.

"I don't know, keep your eyes open I don't like this." Aimilios said and began moving along the tunnels.

"The fuck was that!" Boom asked as he pointed behind them. "What was it?" Aimilios asked, glancing over his shoulder, then he heard it, scurrying.

"It can't be, they don't exist here." Aimilios said to himself, he turned and moved forward, then he came upon it. A huge pulsing blue orb. "Is this what I think it is?" Patches asked moving forward. "What is it Patches?" Aimilios asked. "There it is again!" Boom said as Aimilios looked back, he heard the scurrying. "This is a forerunner power source, if we could study this then-" Boom fired his rocket launcher and Aimilios turned around.

"It was a huge bug thing!" Boom said.

"SHIT!" Aimilios said, realizing it sounded EXACTLY like what he had read in the reports.

"What is it?" Valkyrie asked, looking worried.

"Remember the reports from Cortana?" Aimilios asked.

"The flood? Oh son of a bitch!" Caiden said, firing at a mass of spores heading for them. "Patches, how much force would this thing give off?" Aimilios asked firing into the mass.