Casualties

Mark couldn't move as he woke, he used all his strength to open his eyes and saw his body was wrapped in some kind of medicinal wrap. His eyes opened further and he looked around, he was in the Black Legion hospital, which meant. 

"DOC! ANYONE!?" Mark asked, a solo pair of footsteps, then. 

"Well well well, look whos awake. Welcome back from the dead." Valkyrie laughed, walking over and sitting on the edge of his bed. 

"Angel... I have to ask you something." Mark said, Angel gave him a knowing look. 

"No, you can't have them taken off, your body needs to heal, those were third-degree burns." She said. 

"But, but but." Mark pleaded,  trying to move the stiff wrap around. 

"If you don't rest, then you don't get to plan for the assault on ONI." Angel said Mark narrowed his eyes at her. 

"You wouldn't dare." Mark growled.

"I would, if you dont rest, so please, do." Angel said, leaning down and kissing his forehead. 

"Now I have to go, we are going on a raid on ONI. Do you need anything?" She asked, Mark thought for a moment.

"Im fine, but can I at least have something to watch cartoons? My show got a new season." Mark asked,  Angel rolled her eyes, and nodded. 

"Fine, here." She said, handing Mark the remote, then she kissed his forehead again and left the room. 

Mark waited for a while to make sure she exited fully, then turned the power on. 

"Alpha, my room, now." Mark said into the remote. 

"Already here." Alpha laughed, walking into the room.

"Atta boy, come on, get these things off me. I have work to do." Mark said, raising his arms. Alpha pulled out a blade from it sheath and slowly started cutting the bandages. Soon enough mark was released from the constraints, and he looked at his arms. They weren't too badly scarred, the burns were deep down inside, he could feel the burns threatening to pain him. 

"You are a lucky one sir, if you didnt have your clothes on with that armor, you would have been more severly burned, and your mask malfunctioned because of the smoke, so you werent burned there either." Alpha explained. 

"Thanks Alpha, now, can we wrap them in a thin layer of that burn suppression stuff?" Mark asked, Alpha nodded, walking to the cabinet and coming back with what looked like a roll of bandages, but the moment they touched Marks arm the burns felt better. With Alphas help he wrapped his arms and legs, and walked over to the door. 

"Wheres my armor?" Mark asked, looking back to Alpha, the armor looked away. 

"Alpha... where, is, my, armor." Mark asked. 

"They are trying to repair it sir, but the circuits are fried, it will be some time before you can use it again." Alpha finally said, Mark sighed loudly, shaking his head. 

"Alright, come on, lets go find out whats going on." Mark said, walking out of the door. 

Mark looked around him and saw hundreds of new faces. "What the hell? Where did all these recruits come from?" Mark asked. 

"One thousand two hundred and fourty six new recruits since the Black Legion showed what ONI did,  you can thank shadow for that Mark." Alpha said, Mark gave him a confused look. 

"Shadow gave us the Access codes, and we copied everything, and posted the most gruesome of the files, like what they did to Shadow." Alpha continued. Mark stopped.