Declaration of War

"We have to go look for him! He's in there! Come on!" Valkyrie called.

"Valkyrie, no one could have survived that blast." Boom said, the Black Spartans gathered around, trying not to think of the worst outcome.

"Except the Black Spartan Commander himself." Alpha said, and gave a laugh.

Everyone looked up to find Mark walking towards them.

"He made it back! He...." Valkyrie stopped short, seeing what he was carrying in his arms.

"No... no, no." She cried, sinking to her knees. Mark walked closer and laid the two dead Spartans against a wall.

"Yin, Yang...." Jumper called, running over.

"Isn't there some way we could bring them back?" He asked, looking to the others.

"If they were alive, maybe, but like this... no, there's no way to raise the dead." Patches said, kneeling down next to Jumper and laying a hand on Jumper's shoulder.

Mark turned to the gathered Black Legion, the entirety of the Black Legion. His wet eyes burned with fury.

"Alpha, broadcast this to all of our channels," Mark growled.

"Broadcasting right now sir." Alpha replied.

"BLACK LEGION! Today we lost many of our friends! We lost our Black Spartan Family! We lost our brothers! Our sisters! And WHY?! Because ONI will not let us go! They refuse to let us live our lives like we wish! They attacked, unprovoked, time, and time again! But on this day! They have gone to far! Today! They have earned this fight! So prepare yourselves, arm yourselves, train yourselves! For today we prepare! And Tomorrow! WE GO TO WAR!" Mark yelled. The Black Legion screamed behind him, demanding blood for blood.  Mark turned to Alpha, and motioned for him to cut it.

"Alpha, is the reactor stable?" Mark asked. 

"Yes sir, they were only able to temporarily disable it, and even then our ships arrived and ran them down, we are back to standard." Alpha said. 

"Good, Black Legion! Find your teams! I have missions set!" Mark yelled. 

"What? how?" Valkyrie asked. 

"They were missions I wouldn't have done before, assassinations, sabotage, things that could affect civilians, but now that they attacked us unprovoked, we have a good reason." Mark growled. 

"Mark! You can't be serious! That goes against everything we fought for!" Cat yelled. 

"And they just killed two of our brothers! That goes against everything they stood for! Valkyrie, you need to work with me, I need you." Mark said, extending his hand. 

Valkyrie stood up, and grabbed his hand. 

"W-what?" Cat asked. 

"He's right Cat, this isn't just a little fight or a battle, this is a war, let's see how they like having their homes destroyed." Valkyrie said, her voice monotone. 

"B-but, but." Cat pleaded. 

"Cathrine, look at me babe." Patches said, walking over and taking her hands. 

"I would be all against this too, trust me, but this." Patches began, motioning to the burning tower and then to the twins. 

"This is a clear sign of how they want to be treated. They hurt civilians too, people who were gardeners, or cleaners, or electricians,  they were working up there too, and guess what, they didnt deserve this." Patches said. Mark walked up, and stood before her, his hand clutching something and his jaw set.