Endgame

The Chaos flew into a fabricated port, and Mark and his team exited. "Black Legion, I have heard much about you from Lady Cortana." A huge Promethean knight said walking up. 

"Holy hell!" Boom said aiming at it.

"Boom, stand down, its Cortana's personal guard, Warden Eternal correct?" Mark asked, laying a hand on Booms rifle. 

"That is indeed me, I am told you came to our world to remove a certain pest, I shall guide you to him, but then I must go, Cortana's other friends do not seem to appreciate the chance they are being given." The Warden said, and he summoned six Phaetons, they were a Promethean vehicle, Mark had seen them a little on Requiem. 

"I have adjusted these to your ways of mobility, you should find them incredibly useful to keep up." the Warden said. 

"Thank you Warden." Mark said, bowing low. The Warden nodded and started off. 

"Load up, we have to catch up." Mark said, then, when assured that he was alone, changed his comms. 

"Locke, you here?" Mark asked. 

"Affirmative, we have what appears to be a watcher of this installation, calls herself the 'Exuberant Witness', shes on our side. We havent seen the Warden yet, have you?" Locke asked. 

"Affirmative, he knows where you are, he's taking us to you, so double time it Osiris!" Mark hissed. 

"Alright, thanks for the heads up, we asked to have vehicles, we'll see you soon, Locke out." Locke said, turning off his transmitter.

"Well, thats a good sign, the Witness probably hates Cortana as much as we do." Boom said sarcastically. 

"Maybe, but he said she was on our side, either way, load up, we have to go." Mark said, stepping into the Phaeton. 

--

"Chief, there's too many of them!" Fredrick called to 117.

"Keep firing!" He called back. 

"Enough Warden!" Mark yelled jumping down from an unknown ledge. 

"You dare interfere with me? They intend to undo everything the lady has created!" The Warden argued. 

"You are defying her word! Stand down!" Mark growled back. 

"I shall kill you as well then!" The Warden roared. 

"Alpha team now!" Mark ordered, a bombardment of grendades and rockets fell upon the mass of Wardens. But when the smoke cleared, more came. 

"Ah shit, Alpha team, fire at will!" Mark ordered. Alpha team jumped down and opened fire. 

The Wardens closed in, pushing the spartans together. "ENOUGH!" Cortana yelled, the Wardens disappeared, and so did Blue teams weapons, Alpha team however, remained armed. 

"About time ma'am." Mark said, walking past the remaining Warden and standing at attention. 

"You did your job dutifully Black Commander. Thank you for bringing him to me." Cortana said appearing. 

"I failed you Cortana." The Warden said. 

"Thank you Warden, but he is the last person I need protection from." Cortana said, touching the Wardens shoulder, he disappeared into blue mist.

"Hey John, its so good to see you." Cortana said. Mark turned and followed with her.

"Now sir?" Boom asked in comms. 

"Hold fast." Mark replied simply, he looked to Cortana, and was sure she wasnt listening to his comms or at least, she wasnt paying attention to them.