One Big Family

Alpha directed them to a nearby abandoned station, and within a week, they had it fully functional, but still had no word from UNSC Command,this worried everyone, they needed to inform them of the situation. So, while they waited, the Black Spartans began to train everyone, turning them into perfect soldiers, Mark had taken control of Carolina's training, impressed by his niece.

Days later, Mark smiled as he watched Carolina spar with Jumper. She was good, no doubting that, but she was no where close to the skill of a black spartan.... yet. Jumper swiped her legs out from under her and sent her to the ground, then placed his foot atop her chest. "45 seconds this time." Valkyrie said from Ghosts right. Carolina stood up and huffed off. Ghost groaned and ran after her. "Carolina! It's alright!" Ghost said catching up to her. "No, its not! It's not alright! I always thought I was one of the best, Texas was a A.I making it unfair but now I can't say anything! You are all incredible... im just a weak spartan." Carolina said sadly. "Weak? Your calling yourself weak? Are you giving up because you will always be weak? Carolina! You my niece for God's sake! You have the blood of Spartans in you! And no normal spartan could even keep up with Jumper for that long! You were up to 45 seconds! Your getting better!" Mark said, his helmet folding back into his suit. "And you? How are you so strong? Is it the suit? Or the man behind it?" Carolina snapped, Mark stopped cold, Angelica ran past glancing to Mark in confusion. She slowly caught up to Carolina and pulled her into a hug. "So... you think it's the suit that makes the soldier." Mark said out loud, his jaw clinched . Carolina turned slowly and watched as Marks suit peeled away, leaving Mark in a training jumper. "Alpha, I want everyone to the training room now."Mark announced, plugging Alpha into the stations system. "All members please assemble at the training room, immediately." Alpha said over the intercom. "Mark, what are you doing?" Angelica asked running up. "Proving a point, get to the training room, thats an order." Mark said calmly, walking to the training room, seeing everyone gathered, confused. "I heard a funny thing just now." Mark began walking in from the shadows. "Oh shit, Ghost's pissed." Boom said taking a step back, all the Black Spartans did, seeing their commanding officer like this made them all nervous. "Tell me, what makes a Spartan?" Mark asked looking around, the others stiffened, Carolina looked confused. "Our armor?" Sarge asked, Mark smiled shaking his head. "Yes, and?" Mark urged glancing to his Spartans, they had spoken about this the first week with their armor. They all stood straight understanding. "Our Loyalty." Jumper said first. "Our Training." Boom added. "Our Perception of the battlefield." Patches said smartly. "The trust others place into us, and that we place into each other." Valkyrie said smiling. "And the last thing?" Mark urged. "The bond between Spartans, the Brother and Sisterhood." They all said, cheesy, but true. "good, so to show that we cant rely on our armor alone, everyone strip it off." Mark said cracking his neck, his spartans, seeing the upcoming beat down, ran to the armor stations to remove their armor, the others were hesitant. "But why? Our armor helps us in fights?" Carolina asked. "Does your armor make you a spartan? Or do you make the spartan?" Mark asked, Carolina glared at him, then sighed. "I understand, alright." she said running back to the station, the others following.

When the others were all out of armor, they lined back up. "Ghost, come on, is this really necessary?" Boom asked, nervously. "Do I detect fear Boom?" Ghost asked smirking. "N-no sir, not at all." Boom said taking a step forward. "good, now all of you are to bring me down, whoever pins me gets ten thousand dollars." Ghost said looking around. "This again? Oh god, we had Asaroth last time." Patches said shaking his head. "We didnt have as many Spartans though!" Boom said rushing forward and slamming his fist down toward Ghost, he hit the floor where Ghost had been a second ago, now he was behind Boom. "Oh, shi-" Boom began before he was thrown back to the group, knocking others over. "Sloppy Boom, real sloppy." Ghost clicked his tongue, the Black Spartans took multiple steps back, this was the real 727, there was a reason he was placed in charge of a black ops squad, he was faster, stronger, and smarter then any other Spartan, well, except maybe one. "Wash, Together!" Carolina called, herself and Agent Washington ran forward, Carolina struck for Ghosts face, who in return flipped her over his shoulder, ducking under Washington's leg and kicking upward, sending him flying back, hitting the ground, not moving. "What the hell!" Tucker yelled running forward, they all tried and failed, time and time again, until they were all on the floor, most unable to stand, others unconscious, the only ones left were the black Spartans, correction, his Spartans. "Show me what you have learned." Ghost said facing them. They rushed forward, all attacking, trading blows, Jumper and Patches were thrown out of the group, hitting the ground and sliding to a stop, then the twins, then Boom. Ghost turned back to find it was just himself, and Valkyrie. "Heh, watch this, she's totally going to take him down." Boom said sitting up, propping himself on a arm, the others watching as well. Angelica rushed forward, Ghost caught her fists but she did something he didnt expect, she moved her head forward kissing him, this shocked him so much she was able to flip him and pin him to the ground. "Damn, cheap." Ghost said from below her. "Pay up, and were going to Luies." Angelica said as she stepped away, showing a drooling squad of black spartans. "Luies? I dont think I've heard of that place?" Tucker asked as everyone stood. " 'Best Pizza in the Milky way!' "Thats their motto." Jumper said approaching. "I heard of it, a long time ago." Carolina said slowly. "Poor Simulation Troopers, never actually been anywhere." Boom mocked, Carolina approached but was cut off. "Easy Boom, it cant be easy for them, they actually think they went to different places, all the people they lost, that was real for them." Mark said. Boom stopped and thought, then raised his hands. "I didnt think about it like that, my apologies." He said slowly. Mark smirked and started off. "Everyone who's coming get on the Chaos in five." He said as he walked off, into his quarters and turned on his terminal.