•chapter 2•

"A light shines in your eyes, one that can never be stolen

"A light shines in your eyes, one that can never be stolen."

Stoic Interrogations and Quiet Eyes

~

I woke up with a gasp, the memories of my attack flooded back into my mind. I tried lifting my arms as my eyes focused, but came up short as they were chained to the floor.

Panic swam around in my head like a shark attacking its prey as I yanked hard on my chains, the metal burning my wrist. I hissed, looking around and finding myself in a cold room with no furniture or decorations. Just white walls and floors.

"Those chains will stop your powers." A voice cooed and my head shot towards the door, pain momentarily lacing my neck at the quick movement.

The door creaked open, revealing The High Lord of Night, who looked just as annoyingly attractive and well dressed as I remembered. I didn't hide my hard expression, baring my canines as I yanked once more on the chains constricting my arm movements.

The floor shuddered with my efforts and I hid my satisfaction at the mildly impressed look on his face. Instead, I kept an eye on the shadow in the corner of the room that began to take form, I recognised the cobalt glint of his hands.

"And the torture begins?" It came out as a half statement, half question.

I knew they were capable of torture, I'd heard what Rhysand had done to my grandparents I never got to meet, because of him and his father.

"We've come to do some questioning. How you respond is what determines whether I deem you enough of a threat to keep you here, or let you go." Rhysand drawled, moving further into the room, the winged creature following behind him with a lethal grace.

"Does my father know I'm here?" I asked quietly, fearing my father's catastrophic reaction if he knew the situation I was in.

"He knows that you're safe. He's been told to stay at your Court until you return, otherwise the consequences won't be pleasant." He replied and I scoffed.

These ignorant males, my father would laugh at their warning. It would only be a matter of time before he breaks into wherever I am and tears these people apart for himself, good, let it happen.

"Due to mine, my mate's and your father's past, you have decided to come into my Court, break into my home, and kill my son." Rhysand asked, leaning against a wall as shadows pooled at his feet threateningly.