•chapter 3•

"Just like her father

"Just like her father."

Old Friends and Angry Fathers

~

I'd been freed from my restraints, brought into the lounge and given a cup of steaming hot tea.

The males had said nothing, except for Rhysand who had asked me to stay in the lounge for a little while. I'm not sure why I complied, while I still sat here and drank their tea that I had double checked wasn't poisoned.

I glanced sideways at a potted flower on a nearby coffee table, I smiled. It was beautiful, a Meconopsis Betonicifolia, otherwise known as the blue poppy. It curved to the side, as if aware of my presence.

I reached my hand out, the flower moving forward into my fingers as I allowed my hands to feel the smoothness of its petals. It gave me a sense of home in this darkened place.

Despite being in The Night Court it wasn't like I'd expected it to be, there were no screams of torture, no lost souls. It was quiet, peaceful, despite how empty it seemed.

"Fascinating." A voice cooed and I jumped back, swirling and meeting bright blue eyes that stared at me from the doorway.

Him.

Rhysand and Feyre's son - Kaleb his name was - stood in the doorway, leaning against it arrogantly. He was strikingly gorgeous, his black hair an attractive contrast from his bright eyes, it pissed me off how handsome he was.

"So, can you like talk to plants and stuff?" He asked, strolling into the room with quiet footsteps.

I deadpanned, "it's more than just speaking to plants."

He moved to sit by me and I made a clear scoot in moving further away from him, ignoring his stare. I'd feel the guilt rushing back otherwise, taking away a young male's life, how selfish.

"Thank you for your apology." He said sarcastically and I had half the thought to just knock him out again.

"Have you come to annoy me?" I asked, cocking my head to face him. Looking at his face- Cauldron he was beautiful.

"I've come to make sure you aren't turning the place into a living tree." He glanced to the flower I had just been touching and I subtly moved my hand, the plant following my move and turning to face away from him.

I watched as a large grin spread across his thick lips, looking from the flower to me. His eyes fixated on mine and I thought I saw a swirling river in them.