yes to you ✄ dallas winston

[!! requested by boiitslaila24]

❂❂❂

Dally's POV

"Today's the day, boys." I sigh happily, leaning my body against the chair. "The day I get to ask my princess to become my queen."

"Aw, how are you going to ask her?" Johnny replies, his full attention on me.

I shrug, scratching my head. "I don't know, that isn't a problem.. is it?"

Ponyboy gasps as he hears those words come out of my mouth. I raised an eyebrow, obvious that I was confused.

"So.. you're going to propose but you don't know how?" Darry says, a cup full of dish soap in his hands.

The room goes silent for a minute, before a loud pitched laugh comes from the living room.

"Dal's a goner!" Two-Bit continues to laugh, but soon earns a slap to the head by Steve.

"Okay, okay. Dal, take a seat. This is going to be a long ol' talk my friend."

'
After Darry and the boys came up with ideas on how I should propose, we finally found a perfect one.

It was, say, a cliché type of thing. I didn't really care though, I was only doing it just so I wouldn't get teased.

I take the phone into my hand and dial Laila's phone number.

Once she picks up, my heart skipped a bit. Her soft, beautiful voice ringed through my ears as I figured out what to say.

"Hello? Anyone there?" Her voice snaps me out of my trance.

"I, uh-" I chuckle, stumbling over my words.

"Hey doll. What's your plans for tonight." I scratch my chin, secretly hoping that she wasn't busy.

"Mm, nothing really. Just sleep." She giggles.

"Meet me by the beach later on, okay? I have a little something planned for us." My voice goes soft enough to leave her silent and in awe.

As I was saying goodbye, I got caught off guard by Darry taking baskets of food outside.

I furrow my eyebrows, before hanging up and walking after him. "What's this for?" I ask him. "I thought you were only filling one up."

"Yeah, but, we wanna catch the memorable moment too. Just so we can, y'know, take it all in." He chuckles.

"Nah, I'm just going for the food." Sodapop says while hopping into the car with the basket.

'
When we arrived at the beach, I looked around to see if Laila has came or not. I glance over at the boys, who were currently far from us, before hearing a happy voice say my name.

I turn to see Laila in a dress, loose enough for her to move around and all.

The way her long, brown hair blew in the wind along with her beautiful hazel eyes shining left me mesmerized.

She took a seat next to me and hugged me close, her whole body wrapping around me as if she was a koala and I was a tree.

"I bought us food to munch on," I laugh softly, not knowing what to say since I was still speechless. Her looks were killing me and she knew that too.

She sends me a smile and a giggle in response.
'
Once we finished eating, I grabbed Laila by her hand and began leading her to the water. We kicked around the water for a bit, before walking down the beach.

I hesitated, before speaking. "I really love you. More than my Christopher, more than fighting, heck, maybe even more than Johnny. You're so beautiful inside and out. From the start, I knew you were different. Sure I was mean to you at first, but I'm glad you lightened my world enough to show me that you care."

"I should just shut up and get to the point. Right doll? You tired of hearing me ramble, aren't you?" I chuckle, pulling her closer to me.

"Anyways, what I should be saying is.." I nervously say, getting down onto one knee. I cringed at the sound of sand getting on my pants, but I quickly ignored it when I looked at her eyes.

"Laila Woods.." I take her small hand into my free one. "Will you marry me?"

I gulp, opening the small box to show her the shining ring. A small gasp left her mouth, before she finally spoke up.

"Yes, Dallas. I would love to marry you." She leaned down and placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

Loud yells and chants were coming from the background, before I was lifted off the ground. I looked around me and saw Johnny and Ponyboy hugging Laila as the rest of the gang was congratulating me.

When I was let down, I slid the ring on her finger and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "She said yes!" I yell, in which it hypes the boys up even more.

I turn to Laila and kiss her once again. "To us, baby. Forever and always."

º
hi im hungry and bored