Chapter 3 - Mama

A couple of months had gone by, and hibari's first birthday was coming up. Being Miyu's first time, she didn't really know what to do, after circling around the room for the 7th time, Miyu finally decided to do something special.

She was going to take him to the beach. 

Finally deciding on something, Miyu searched up everything she needed to bring, and when the big day came, she was ready. She woke up extra early to get the bento ready, after checking the house, and gathering supplies, she finally got little Kyoya dressed and ready to go. She smiled, satisfied with herself. Walking down the street, Miyu suddenly realized something.
She didn't know how to get to the beach!! 

Okay, it's not like she was the best with directions, but maybe a map would help.

taking out the map she had packed with her, Miyu covered her face in shame. This was the map of freaking Europe!!! and it wasn't even the one with roads! it was the one with contries!!! 

curse her sense of direction!!

So now, as Miyu looked around her, the setting had already changed into the woods. She looked down at Kyoya, who looked around the woods in wonder. "Kyo-Chan...."
Kyoya looked up, his eyes asking his mother what was wrong. Miyu sighed, and looked around for a way out. "I'm so sorry Kyo-Chan...I messed up and now we're lost..." she rubbed her cheek on kyoya's cheek, "what do we do...Kyoya-chan..." She couldn't get cell reception here, so there's no way she could use a GPS.

Kyoya closed his eyes slightly from the rubbing.  Suddenly, a little yellow ball grabbed his attention. "Hn!" He gestured towards the yellow ball. Miyu looked, "oh, what's this?" She walked towards the little yellow ball. Getting a closer look, she noticed it was a small baby bird! Quickly, Miyu dig around in her bag for a small towel, gently wrapping it around the bird.

"peep! peep!" the little bird chirped, it's small fluffy and yellow body wiggling closer to Hibari. Kyoya's eyes twinkled with adoration and excitement, even at such a young age he was already a very smart baby, he turned to his mom, and used the puppy eye attack, silently asking if they could keep him. Kyoya then learned as he grew older that Miyu couldn't say no to this face (which he, of course, used to his advantage. mostly to get her to cook hamburger steak).

"kyaaa!! Kyo-chan, your so cute!!!" She twirled around with Hibari in her arms, sparkles flying all over. "of course we can keep him!!"

the bird chirped again, and snuggled into Hibari's small hands. Miyu then continued walking. Soon, they came to an abandoned shrine, "wow, this is so pretty!" cherry blossoms were blooming as it was May, surrounding the shrine. "i wonder how no one found this!" then Miyu's eyes lit up, "ah, that's right, let's eat lunch here~!" quickly she unloaded all the stuff and they had a wonderful time. (she was somehow able to get cell reception and finally got outta there)

"Happy Birthday, Kyo-chan."

-time skip-

"good night Kyo-chan." she kissed him gently on his forehead. hibari closed his eyes and 'hn'ed, "geez, i wonder why you like 'hn' so much, maybe because of your father?" as she tucked him in and turned around, she heard a small 'mama'. her head whipped around at lightning speed. She silently screamed in pain as she felt like she pulled a muscle in her neck. "Kyo-chan, did you call me mama?"

"hn." he closed his eyes, as if everything was just a dream. Miyu sat by the side of the bed, staring into space. suddenly, she shot up, startling the little hibari was was glancing at her from the side. "I need to record this." 

Hibari sweat dropped, though she was a good mom, she was sometimes a bit, weird? was that the right word?

he smiled, this was a good day.

"goodnight, mama."