Memories

"This was not supposed to happen." 

Shattered glass covered the floor as the figure walked down the dark hall. The walls had multiple broken picture frames that depict what seemed like a happy family. Some pictures were broken and had fallen down to the ground, as others stubbornly held on to their previous places. 

The large windows were shattered, and tainted with time, as curtains hung heavy with dust.

"The ending is all wrong..."

The figure lightly grazed the wall with his fingertips, dark stains on the wall. Was it blood?

He turned, standing in front of a slightly ajar door. It was cracked in some places and didn't close fully. He pushed it open.

Inside, it revealed what was once a beautiful dining hall. A large table sat in the middle of the room, and the left side of the room was decorated with elegant french windows. A half-broken chandelier dangled from the ceiling of the room. 

Unused sets of table wear were placed disorderly on the table, chairs overturned.

A man sat in the end seat of the table, facing the door. Bodies littered the floor, but the man didn't seem to care as he poured a glass of red wine into the cup he held, taking a small sip, he pressed his lips to a thin line, and without warning, threw the bottle of wine onto the floor.

The figure sighed, "Everything...everything is wrong now." The man didn't say anything as he looked at the figure, daring him to get closer.

"...Hibari Kyoya, you're not supposed to be here right now."

Hibari's grip tightened around the dangling cup, causing it to break, the shards piercing into his palm. The figure watched as blood trickled down his palm, shaking his head.

"Breaking into Vindice Prison, abducting one of their prisoners, ruthless killing of mafia members, violating the mafia law, tsk, tsk, tsk..."

With every word that came out of the figure's mouth, the more Hibari's killing intent spilled out.

"...Who would've known, you'd do so much for your 'mother'?"

Hibari's eyes widened, and almost immediately, attacked. The figure ducked out of the way, effortlessly deflecting all his attacks.

"Is this what your mother would have wanted? For you to kill- no, torture that man? The man that killed her? Even if he didn't do it, she would have died anyway, so why did you do it?"

Hibari gritted his teeth, "shut up.."

"I should never had let her stay that long...if only I knew how bad she was gonna mess you up..."

"Shut up...Shut up shut up shut up!!!" He roared, "Don't talk about her like that!!!"

"The only way...is to start again, huh?"

.

.

.

"Kyo-chan..."

Hibari slowly opened his eyes, sitting up slowly before looking around.

Nothing...?

Suddenly, there was slight wetness on his cheek, Hibari reached up.

...a tear...? Why?

"Hibari! Hibari! Hibari!" Hibird chirps next to him, jumping up and down on his lap. He reached down and gently rubbed Hibird's head with his finger. Nothing was wrong, everything was fine...

So why was there such an empty feeling in him? As if something really important was forgotten, something that he should never forget...like something was cut out from his life.

The room suddenly feels cold and dark. Something...someone should be here, who?

Tap, tap, tap. 

There was a gentle knock on his door, Tetsuya called out from outside, "Kyoya-san, are you awake?"

"Hn."

"Tsuna-san is here."

Right, there was a mission in Russia that they needed to head to.

"Kyoya? Are you alright?" Tsuna asked from outside the door. Concern laced his voice as Hibari was never this late. He opened the door slightly, peaking in with his large doe eyes.

For a moment Hibari wanted to say no. He opened his mouth, ready to question him about where she was.

Who is she?

Hibari froze, what was he thinking?

"I'm alright."

Tsuna gave him a once over, then nodded slowly, "Okay, well, you better get dressed, Hayato is going to yell again." 

Hibari nodded, before getting dressed. Out of the corner of Tsuna's eyes, he catches a glimpse of a photo.

"Wah! Kyoya, you still have this photo?" Tsuna walked over and picked up the photo, it was of them, ten years ago, on Hibari's birthday. He giggled softly, remembering that day.

Hibari came over and snatched it out of his hand, his face dark.

"Hey!" Tsuna pouted, then sighed, "Well, I'll be waiting outside."

"hn."

The door closed. Hibari stood in his room, the picture in his hand.

Tsunayoshi, octopus head, cow child, Yamamoto, Gokudera, Ryohei, pineapple head, chrome, Tanaka, the varia...everyone was in the picture. But...someone seemed to be missing, he had never noticed, but the photo seemed to be taken from the angle of a selfie? 

...Ma...

"OI!!! Are you ready or not?!?!" His focus snapped back to the loud shouting outside.

"Hayato! Stop shouting!" Obviously Tsuna.

"Haha! This is fun!" 

"Extreme!!!"

The clamoring outside made his face darken, "I'll bite them to death."

He set down the photo, ignoring the small pain in his heart. Walking out the door, he paused.

The photo sat on his desk. He pressed his lips together, and quickly walked back, shoving the photo into his pocket.

"Wahhh! Guys!"

"For disrupting the peace...I'll bite you to death."

"HIEEEE! Stop! Stop!"

Blue China roses bloomed outside the house, Hibari glanced towards it, blue china roses...someone once told him, that it meant to cherish loved ones...

An image flashed through his head.

Someone a really long time ago...wasn't this their favorite flower?

"Kyoya, we're heading off!" 

"ah. I'm coming."

It must not be that important since he forgot....right?

A/n - I actually really like this chapter lmao. This was actually the original ending of the story but like i felt like yall would've gutted me if i actually made this the only ending so ya. bad ending here ya go.