Dream Part.3

As Hibari walked along, he noticed lots of different interesting and weird people, some strong, some weak. One that definitely made an impression on him was the very loud "EXTREME" screaming man dressed in a yellow dress followed by a baby with an afro dressed in a cow suit. It looked sort of like the story of...beauty and the beast that mama read him. 

Hibari paused, not wanting to think about that disturbing sight anymore. He looked at the castle far from him. At this rate, how long would it take for him to get there? The more time he spent on the roads, the more uneasy the feeling in his stomach grew. 

Suddenly, a large explosion came from inside the castle, Hibari whipped his head up, eyes widening at the sight. There was now smoke coming out from one of the towers in the castle, with stone and debris occasionally falling down. 

His breathing hitched, was that where the butterfly was? Was the butterfly hurt? Hibari tightened his grip on his tonfas, stepping off the path. throwing the warning into the back of his head, Hibari ran straight towards the castle.

"Aha~, I found you!"

A chill ran up Hibari's spine, but he quickly shook it off and focused on heading towards the castle.

It wasn't long until Hibari noticed something following him. He turned around just in time to dodge an attack aimed at his neck.

He jumped back, finally getting a better look at the things that attacked him, his face paled slightly, cold sweat starting to form on his back. 

What were these...things?

.

.

.

"Hehehehe...that one attack must have used up all your power~!" The figure turned to the black butterfly, whose wings were tattered and torn. Its lips curled up into a cruel and coldblooded smile, "I found him~ I found him~ hehe, we found the LitTLe BiRdiE~!!!" 

"Let's play now~ Let's play now!!!!" Its voice echoed through the empty halls, creating a disturbing and eerie feeling in the butterfly's gut. She grunted and ran full force towards the figure. 

"yOu WaNt TO stOp mE~? HAHAHAHAHA, No USe, nO uSe!!!" The figure dodged the attack, only to see her not stop and run towards the large hole in the wall. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!" The figure screeched, its voice no longer anything like a human. "GET BACK HERE GET BACK HERE GET BACK HERE!!!!"

She didn't stop and proceeded to jump out of the hole, into the open air.

From her view, it was easy to see everything, including the undodgeable attack aimed at the boy's heart. 

"KYO-CHAN!!!" 

Hibari turned around, watching as the torn and tattered butterfly shed its wings, turning into a beautiful woman. 

He watched as the beautiful woman run towards him, worry plastered on her face. He relaxed, stretching his arms out to her

"Mother-"

He froze, his hands still tight on her clothes, she coughed, the crimson liquid that fell onto his face felt hot.

He looked down, lips trembling. "...mama?" 

Miyu smiled as she brushed the hair off Hibari's face, her face pale. The monster behind them vanished into dust, leaving a gaping hole in her stomach.

"Kyo-chan..." 

She tightened her grip on him, looking him in the eye, "Kyo-chan, you have to wake up."

Hibari didn't respond, his head was spinning and her wound was still bleeding-

"Kyo-chan! Wake up!"

His eyes snapped open, and he quickly sat up in bed. Panting hard, Hibari looked around, taking in the sight around him. He was in his room, the small breeze coming from the window picked up the soft white curtain. He blinked, what was the dream about? Hibari didn't remember the dream, yet an urgent and uncontrollable fear and panic were still left in his heart. He quickly got up, running into the living room.

Miyu sat there, the sun hitting her pale face, making it seem even transparent. Hibari's breathing hitched, she looked like she was going to disappear along with the wind...

"Mother!" He shouted, rushing next to her.

Miyu looked up, surprised, "Kyo-chan? What are you doing up so early? Are you okay?" She noticed his red eyes, and worried immediately welled up inside her,

"What happened? why are your eyes red? were you crying? Kyo-chan?"

Before she could say anything, Hibari buried his head in her lap, circling his arms around her tightly, her eyes widened, then softened again. 

"Kyo-chan, did you have a bad dream?" Her voice soft and she rubbed his back while talking to him.

"Hn,"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"...I don't remember."

Miyu chuckled, even though he acted strong and cold he was still just a child.

"Well, you know what they say, dreams are always in reverse in reality."

"so, you don't need to worry about it."

Hibari closed his eyes, Miyu always smelled softly like mint and the sun...his fear and anxiety slowly started to calm down, and he drifted off into sleep again.

Miyu watched her son fall asleep on her lap with warm and gentle eyes. She carefully moved his hair out of his face, trying not to disrupt him.

"It's okay Kyo-chan, it's going to be okay." 

She tightened her grip on her blood-stained handkerchief, shoving it into her pockets. She muttered something, barely above a whisper, looking up into the sky,

.

.

.

"Mama will try her best...to stay with you as long as possible okay?"