After

Hibari opened his eyes, then immediately winced at the shining bright light. He blinked a couple of times, taking in his surroundings. 

"You're awake." Hibari turned his head towards the feminine voice at the side of his bed. Miyu was peeling an apple while sitting there.

He gulped, he was not used to seeing her this way. This cold and distant attitude from her was...rare.

"...Mother."

She didn't answer and only glanced at him. He stared at her, not knowing what to do. After a while, the silence disappeared, and Miyu put down the apples she was peeling.

"Do you know what you did wrong?" Her face was calm, cold even. He glanced at her, lightly pressing his lips together.

He took her gaze off of her, looking down at his hands.

"I lost."

Miyu doesn't speak. She looks at the clock, "I have to go now," she grabbed her stuff. "I'll be back later." 

Hibari reaches his hand out, wanting to call out to her. But doesn't.

He watches her leave, his dark hair covering his eyes. 

He watched the ceiling fan turn, silence taking over his room. Nothing but the ticking clock and the noises of the hall were present. 

For the first time, panic and fear coursed through him, the fear that Miyu would revert back to the state before, that she would once again, leave him alone in a dark corner.

'Was I wrong?'

.

.

.

"Boss will wake up even if a needle falls." Kusakabe said as he watched Tsuna turn from 'what' to 'i'm dead'.  Hibari woke up to the clamor and shouts of Tsuna and his friends. He glared at them, "Herbivores, for crowding, I'll bite you to death!"

"HIIEEEEEEEEE!!! HIBARI-SENPAI!!!"

"Maa, maa, everyone just calm down a bit."

"Shut up baseball idiot!!! Jyudaime! I'll help you!!"

After all the commotion, everything then settled down a bit. Everyone went back to their separate bedrooms, except for Tsuna, who was in the same bedroom as Hibari. Hibari laid on his bed, eyes closed, while Tsuna nervously glanced at him.

'ahhhhh, this is bad this is really bad why did I have to get the same room as Hibari-senpai? oh god please don't kill me-'

"Omnivore." 

"HIIEEE Don't kill me!!" Tsuna closed his eyes, preparing for the attack.

Nothing. 

He opened his eyes and saw Hibari glaring at him, with cold sweat running down his face Tsuna peaked at him.

'Ahhhh should I start the conversation?? oh god, I'm just going to go for it!!!'

"So, um, Hibari-senpai, was that lady your mom?"

Hibari gave him a look. "Yes." 

Tsuna forced a smile, "Well, um she must really love you, I saw her sitting next to you while you were asleep." Hibari looked at him with a blank face.

"Oh, um, when you were asleep, I saw her next to you, she seemed really worried."

"She's mad at me."

"Eh?"

"I lost the fight."

 Tsuna blinked, could it be that...Hibari was in a bad mood because he was afraid that his mom was mad at him?

"Um, Hibari-senpai, I don't really think Hibari-san is mad about that."

Hibari looked up, staring at Tsuna. Motioning Tsuna with his eyes that he could continue.

Tsuna suddenly wasn't so afraid of Hibari anymore, before he had always thought of him as the murderous prefect who would kill all on sight. Not so much as a 15-year-old boy who was afraid of getting his mother mad.

He smiled to himself, glancing at Hibari who was still waiting for him to speak.

"Well, Before you woke up, Hibari-san was looking at you with a very worried expression. I don't think she's mad that you lost the fight, I think she's mad because you got yourself so hurt during it. Or that, you didn't trust her enough to tell her what you were doing. I heard from my mom that Hibari-san was really freaked out when you disappeared."

Hibari's eyes widened, his hand unconsciously tightening on the white blanket beneath him. 

"Reborn told me that he's never seen Hibari-san that disheveled before-wait, did they know each other before this?"

Tsuna stopped muttering to himself and looked up, and saw Hibari getting out of his bed. "Eh? Hibari-senpai you can't get out yet! Where are you going?!"

Hibari looked at him and mumbled a small 'thank you' before leaving the room. Tsuna sat there in shock, did the Hibari Kyoya just thank him? He contemplated about telling people and realized that sadly no one would believe him.

Hibari ran out of his room and glanced around, looking for an exit. He took a couple of steps before he ran into someone. Hibari furrowed his eyebrow, normally he would have been able to dodge it, but he was injured right now. As he prepared for the pain of the impact, a pair of slender hands firmly, but gently held him up.

"What are you doing out of bed?!" Hibari blinked. This voice...he quickly glanced up, Miyu's angry and worried face popped into his view. 

"Answer me!" Miyu couldn't believe it, her heavily injured son was out with no bodyguards or anything! To be honest, after she heard Hibari's answer and left in a fit of rage, she immediately regretted it.

After all, he was only a child, and he was her child. So anything could be forgiven. 

Hibari said nothing and hugged Miyu. Which in surprised Miyu, but nevertheless she hugged back also. 

"What are you doing out of bed?" Her voice was softer this time. 

"I'm sorry." His voice was muffled in her shirt. "I won't get hurt next time."

Miyu's eyes widened. A soft smiled spread across her lips, she sighed, patting his back, "Don't scare me like that. Come on, let's go back."

"hn." Hidden in Miyu's shirt, Hibari let out a small smile.

.

.

.

Miyu smiled brightly, contrasting the bloodlust she was letting out. "So, mind telling me why you dragged my son into your stupid mafia games?"

Reborn stood away from her, his bigs eyes boring into hers, "Well, because he's the cloud guardian." 

A tick mark appeared on Miyu's face. "Say, I haven't exercised in a bit. Let's have a go." Though it was a question, Miyu didn't wait for Reborn to reply and attacked with deadly accuracy. 

Reborn 'tsk' ed and concentrated on fighting Miyu.

Needless to say, a woman-especially a mother- in rage, was one dangerous creature.

That night, Reborn went home with some bruises here and there.