I'll Find You This Time

"Hibari-senpai, if you need anything, just let me know okay?" Tsuna sighed lightly as he looked up at Hibari in concern.

"Ah. Thanks, Tsunayoshi." Hibari nodded, before heading out the door. Gokudera silently watched as he left.

"Jyudaime, are you sure you're letting him leave now? Things are gonna get really busy without him here." He commented, his eyebrows furrowing together.

Tsuna sighed as he leaned back in his chair, looking out the window, "Hibari-senpai deserves a break, and he's been planning this trip to China for a long time..." A small smile lit up his features, "plus, I have a good feeling about this."

"Oh?" Gokudera raised his eyebrow, "It is your intuition again?"

"Yeah...a really good one."

Outside, the clouds decorated the baby blue sky beautifully.

.

.

.

Hibari stepped off the plane, ignoring the stares of others as he walked out of the airport. 

"Oh my god, he's so hot!" 

"Go ask for his number!"

"..No, he looks intimidating..."

Hibari slightly glanced towards the noise, slight irritation in his eyes.

"...eep!" Their faces whitened and they quickly looked towards the ground, not wanting to catch Hibari's eyes. 

Hibari ignored them, he turned his gaze towards the city. People filled the streets, walking, running, talking, eating...slowly Hibari made his way towards the park, he remembered that his mother once told him that one great place to go when he visited China, was a mountain. 

"Kyo-chan look! This is the Buzidao Mountain, isn't it beautiful?" She laughed as he pointed to a picture, showing him the mountain. He sat in her lap, taking in the sight, his eyes shining with excitement.

"Let's go there together someday, Kyo-chan."

"Nn!" 

Hibari walks slowly towards the mountain, his mind trailing back to the memories of Miyu, now leaving a bitter hole in him. He had bought a tanghulu, fruit with a sugar coating over it. He bit into it.

It was too sweet. And the fruit was too sour. It didn't taste nearly as good as the way she described it to him. Did she trick him? It felt like something she would do...Hibari let out a small smile as he finished off the tanghulu, she didn't like wasting food.

Before he could finish off the last couple of fruits, a familiar figure brushed past him. 

His eyes widened, the tanghulu he held dropped to the ground.

"...Wait...!" Hibari turned around, eyes glued onto the figure that only appeared in his memories.

"Wait! Stop!" Squeezing through the crowd, Hibari felt a sense of panic overtake him again, what if it isn't her? what if it was just his imagination?

He could only watch as she walked away, disappearing into the crowd. 

Gritting his teeth, Hibari tore through the crowd, silencing protests with his glare. By the time people started to clear away, Hibari realized he was standing in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees. There was a flight of stairs in front of him, it was so long that for a second Hibari thought it would take him straight into the sky. 

Hibari looked around him, this place seemed...familiar. Like the one in his dreams...

He couldn't go back now. Not without making sure.

slowly, he started to make his way up the stairs. It was calming and peaceful. The sun that peaked through the leaves gave the place a sort of soft and warm effect, not to mention the slight rustle of the leaves calmed his nerves immensely. Something that he hadn't felt in a really long time, ever since Miyu's death, he was plagued by sadness and...a sense of numbness almost, as though a part of him was ripped away. 

It didn't take Hibari long to make it to the top of the stairs, considering his superhuman abilities and special profession.

There wasn't a lot at the top of the hills other than a medium-sized shrine and more trees, there was a small house to the left of the shrine.

Hibari heard a female's voice talking to someone inside the house, the door was opening.

Hibari held his breath. Please. Please.

A young woman stepped out. She had long black hair that was tied in a low ponytail over her shoulder and was wearing plain white clothes. She wasn't breathtakingly beautiful, but Hibari couldn't take his eyes off of her. 

She felt so familiar.

The woman didn't seem to notice Hibari yet, as she was still talking to someone inside the house. She turned her head, her eyes catching the sight of him.

Almost immediately, the basket that she was holding in her hands fell to the ground and she stared at him speechlessly. Tears were starting to form 

Hibari laughed. A beautiful, wide, smile lit up his face. 

It was her.

He didn't wait for her to do anything and rushed to pull her into a soul-crushing hug. For the first time in what felt like forever, he felt alive again.

The woman hugged him back.

.

.

.

"I found you, mother."

A/n - so this didn't really turn out the way I was really planning it in my head...but still I tried my best and I didn't feel like rewriting the whole thing so...here ya go.