thirteen.

One particular dinner, Seokjin announced that he needed people to help him with some grocery shopping.

You were honestly unsure why he needed to do so-- their stay was nearly ending (and you were sad and kind of lonely, but you were determined to savour these moments until the end) and there shouldn't be any need to restock the pantry. But since this was Seokjin, maybe he wanted to make sure you would have something to eat even after they were gone. Yep. That sounded like him, alright, and that was really sweet of him.

While the boys who managed to attend dinner tonight groaned and threw excuses to not participate in the chore, you knew your schedule was free, and you wouldn't mind to spend time with Jin, so you casually said that you'll help. In response, he gave you an appreciative smile, and you felt like a little sister who had received a stamp of approval from her admirable older brother. It left you feeling warm and giddy, and it distracted you from the sudden influx of eagerness to help which had overtaken the table.

"I'll go!" Jimin announced, one arm raised in the air, barely missing Taehyung who was sitting beside him and had his mouth bulging full from his spoonful of food.

"Me three!" Hoseok chirped right after, waving his arms energetically from his seat to prove his point, "I need to buy some stuff, anyway!"

"That's not fair!! I also--"

"Hi wan hwo hom hoo!"

"Okay, okay, everybody settle down. Jungkook, lower your voice, you will stop yelling like a barbarian on my dinner table. Hoseok, stop waving your hands around before you slap anyone on their face. Jimin-- be careful with your hand, please. Taehyung, swallow first, or you're going to choke, Namjoon isn't here to perform Heimlich maneuver and I do not fancy arranging a funeral anytime soon. Now," Seokjin sighed, "I don't want any of you skipping class for this. Who's free tomorrow afternoon?"

All of the boys in the table raised their hands.

Jin facepalmed.

"Jungkook-ah, you have that programming class right after lunch time. Taehyungie, you have that group meeting for the whole day for your research assignment you said due the day after tomorrow. Am I right, or am I right?"

You giggled. Watching the eldest scold the younger boys were always a cute scene to see. Especially coupled with the fact how adorable Seokjin looked whenever he nagged and grumbled. The pouty look suited him somehow.

"..... Yes, mom," Jungkook scoffed and sullenly picked on his food. Taehyung threw a pout and continued back to chewing his food, even though it was clear that he was brooding.

"So we're allowed to go?" Hoseok asked, his legs jittery beneath the table as he looked between you, Seokjin, and Jimin, literally vibrating with excitement.

"Well, I suppose you two are the best candidate I could ask for...."

"Yay!" Jimin cheered and high fived Hosek before turning towards you with two palms raised, expecting you to do the same gesture.

You clapped your hands with his and felt his fingers nearly enclosing your hand as you pulled back.

※ ※ ※

"Oh my god, why is it so hot today??"

You would've replied in agreement and donated your own complaints about the overly sunny and bright weather, but you didn't really have the energy, and only managed a soft grunt at Hoseok's protest.

The temperature was amazingly high this afternoon, and as soon as your small group exited the dorm, you knew you should've suggested to take a bus or something. Yes, walking could be a good exercise, but you were quite sure walking under such a particularly fiery sun like today was going to cook your brain.