twenty four.

A/N: Heya. Sorry for the long absence... Work was super busy, I kept falling sick, and I just have no motivation to write whatsoever. Basically, life happened and I was just burnt out from everything...

Chapters are going to be very irregularly updated, but I promise I still intend to finish the story till the very end :)

PS. sldjfklsjdklfjsldf  thank you so so so much for the views and votes and lovely comments!! Also I have no idea why people follow me but uhm h-hi?? Thank you??? You're all really nice???? Have a nice stay???? (*'ω`*)

※ ※ ※

Home is where the heart is.

The young Seokjin didn't understand this.

Home was the big mansion with grand staircase and shiny marbled floor, too massive and cold and lifeless as he waited for his parents to return from their business trips. Home was where his room was, lavishly decorated and fully stoked with the latest game consoles and plasma TVs, but what did those matter when he had no one to share it with? Home was the place filled with lying, two faced adults who wanted to please him just so they would get into their employers' good side, and he was so sick of it all, yet still he craved for their attention because he was so deprived of it.

Home is where the heart is.

The young Jin didn't understand this either.

Home was where he was born, after countless nights of desolation and grieving, of tears and muffled sobbing, of countless unanswered questions muffled against their pillows -- 'why does no one care about me?', 'would it have been better if I hadn't been born?', 'I don't want to do this anymore'. Home was where he took control of the first time, after endlessly giving and giving and giving, only to receive betrayal in the end anyway, and as he took back what remained of his broken self, he realized he was the only one who could save Seokjin. Seokjin, and himself.

They remembered reading about it sometime later. When Jin had to start preparing to become the heir of the company, he saw the title of the book among the array of shelves in their personal library.

Dissociative identity disorder.

Of course, the both of them thought at the same time. That explains it. Freaks like us would never have a real place we can call home.

But whenever they gazed into your eyes, whenever you fussed about their wellbeing and scolded them from overdoing themselves, their chest expanded with warmth, love, affection. Seokjin thirsted over your compliments and praises. Jin showered you with gifts and treated you like a princess -- their one and only princess.

Home is where the heart lies.

And you've became their home.

So now that they found their home, nothing will ever make them leave you.

"Let me take you out shopping," Seokjin asked gently, testing the waters one morning after most of the boys went on their activities.

"You mean a groceries run? Okay, I could help!" You lit up at the prospect of going outside. At the back of your mind, the fleeting thought of being able to run away lingered.

But you remembered Namjoon's words.

Why would you run when you were perfectly happy and taken care of here?