twenty three.

A/N: Hello, I hope everyone is doing fine :)

I am considering taking a break from posting next week. I'm trying to cope with something (it's not something too serious, don't worry haha) so I feel like I need time for myself. It might or might not happen, but I'm just putting this here in case it does happen, so y'all won't be left in the dark.

Hope you'll enjoy / enjoyed the chapter! Stay safe and healthy ♡♡♡

※ ※ ※

You heard Jungkook came in before you could see him.

"I'm home!" He called out. You thought of replying back with some sort of acknowledgement to let him know you were around, but you weren't sure if anyone else was at home, possibly snoozing away, and remembering Namjoon's scolding previously, you stayed silent.

"Noona, are you sleeping?" He called out, and you sensed the slight lilt of nervousness behind his voice.

He found you soon enough to save you from answering however, and his cheeks pulled up, a result of his bunny-grin.

"Hi," you answered. Despite settling in quite well, the phrase 'welcome home' still sounded foreign, "How was.... class?" Actually, now that you thought about it, you had no idea what their schedules were anymore.

"More boring than fun, but it ended early, so I get to see you early, so," he shrugged, rummaged inside his backpack for a moment, and beamed back at you as he stepped nearer to your seat, "I have something for you, noona!"

Half suspicious and half curious, you extended your hands, palms up, and looked at him in befuddlement. For a moment, the pleased smugness caused by your obedience crossed his eyes, but it was gone the moment you blinked.

Jungkook promptly dropped something on your waiting hands.

"Oh?" You flipped over the small object in your hand, inspecting the rounded object and smiling at the memories that came with it, "Where did you get this?"

"Found it in a secondhand shop. They don't sell them anymore in stores," Jungkook said the last part sadly, "Do you know what it is, noona?"

"Sure I do," your memory flashed back to when you were a lot smaller, holding a similar tamagotchi in your tiny little hands and carrying them everywhere you go, "I'm proud to say that I'm the mother of a very disciplined, independent alien daughter."

"Awww," the male giggled, "That sounds like you, noona. Well, this one is different."

"Different how?" You frowned. The rounded shape was the same, and so was the three buttons on the bottom part of the small rectangular screen.

"Well, why don't you find out?" He hummed, circling the sofa and settling in beside you.

You turned the small gadget on. Instead of an egg however, you were presented with an already developed character, with a design you've never seen before.

Is that.... a bunny?

"Cooky?" You read the name aloud, looked at the male, and then at the screen, then back at Jungkook, this time giggling, "Really? I take care of you in real life enough, now you want me to take care of you in here too?"

"But noona loves to take care of me," he whined, tilting his head and pouting at you. Darn it. He knew you wouldn't be able to resist that adorableness.

Rolling your eyes, you focused back onto the small electronic in your hand and started pressing the buttons to feed (you noticed how the food selection comprised of Jungkook's favorites) and clean (the bunny jumped into a bathtub and started playing with the bubbles) the virtual pet.