thirty two.

A/N: Happy new year! ♡

※ ※ ※

Stifling.

If you had to describe how the house felt for the past few weeks, you would use the word stifling. As if there were some poison mist hanging in the air, suffocating and weighing down the mood despite everyone acting like 'normal'. It choked you and wrapped you in a blanket of discomfort, knowing that something might explode anytime soon, and you would become the witness.

Ever since seeing Yoongi and Seokjin's.... disagreement, you had been trying to step back and just think. Clearly this whole tension was created because of a reason.

And you feared that in the middle of that reason might have been you, all along.

Just as Namjoon confirmed.

But you couldn't seem to wrap your head around it -- seven people. Gorgeous, unique, successful, charming men. What were you compared to them? Just what was it that made them find you interesting? What made them so infatuated they would risk breaking the law, just to bring you here and keep you around?

You couldn't understand.

The other day, Jimin, of all people, had snapped at Hoseok for 'always hogging you and touching you so familiarly'. Jimin. The sweet cute mochi. He had raised his voice and looked completely furious.

Hoseok was just painting your nails after a random comment from you saying how you missed visiting the nail salon.

Another day, Taehyung had developed a weird habit of tagging along with you, everywhere. And by that, it meant everywhere. If Namjoon hadn't came by to literally drag him by his collar, he would've insisted to be inside the bathroom while you showered. You had no idea what happened, but you didn't see him until the day after, and this time he was avoiding you like a plague. The next day, he was back to the normal Taehyung. Well, as normal as Tehyung could be.

You had had too many bizarre events occurring, you've lost the line between what was normal and what wasn't.

Maybe you could ask Jungkook to add in a journal app to your phone. You felt too helpless and confused, and you definitely needed a place to organize your thoughts, some sort of an outlet somewhere before you fell into the overly-stressed state like the others.

"[F/N]?"

You blinked and smiled back at the beaming Jimin. Only then you realized he had been holding your hand, and you were brought back to the present.

Right. Dining table. We were waiting for dessert to be served. A rare occasion considering how busy Seokjin were these days.

You felt pinpricks of eyes looking at you, but you had gotten used to it lately. Someone was always looking at you out of all seven of them. And yes, it was uncomfortable, but you had to get used to it. You didn't want to cause more friction.

"Sorry, did you say something?" You asked inbetween soft chatters around the table.

"Really? I've been playing with your fingers for ten minutes and you haven't been paying attention to me?" The pink haired male pouted, plump lips jutted out and an endearing droop of his eyes staring directly at you.

"I-I'm sorry.... I was just thinking, uhm, about a book. Namjoon lent to me. Yeah."

Jimin's facade dropped and morphed into an annoyed frown, "Even though I'm holding you like this....."

"I'm sorry I was distracted," you squeezed his hand, not realizing the sharp glares the action invited to your intertwined hands, "I'll listen properly this time! You were saying?"