twenty nine.

A/N: Thank you for everyone who participated in the Q&A event! I'm still trying to figure out when and how to drop the Q&A chapter since some questions will lead to spoilers, so I ask for your patience (';ω;')

And of course, thank you to everyone reading this story, a bigger thank you to those of you who voted, and a supermassive thank you for those who drop comments ♡ I might not be able to reply to all of them, but I swear to my life, I scroll through my notification religiously when I have time and they make me so, so happy! (*'∇`*)

I hope you enjoy the fluff!

.... enjoy while it last c:

※ ※ ※

You remember how the first time you started to settle in your new home, you would instantly jolt awake whenever someone opened your door late at night.

Every time, it would be Taehyung coming in to climb onto your bed. You never knew what was the reason behind this behavior. Whenever you tried to question him or lecture him on the matter, he would divert the topic ever so fluidly, and you got the hint: he didn't want to talk about it. And so, you stopped.

You were kind of used to it now, though. Some nights you would feel him snuggle up next to you, and other times you wouldn't even realize he was there until you woke up in the morning or mother nature calls. He would always shush you gently whenever you were roused from your sleep in the middle of the night and tried to lull you back into your slumber with his humming, the low vibration pushing your consciousness back into the land of the dreams. Other times, he would get his phone to play soft classical music as he spooned you from behind, and while it was hard getting used to it at first, but the warmth behind you was too comforting.

Tonight however, for some reason, even though you hadn't woken up for quite some time, you did.

And instead of Taehyung's soft snores or melodic hums or the slow tinkle of classical instruments, all you heard was his uneven breathing.

Senses immediately alert, you brought yourself up on the side of the bed and stared at the figure stumbling to close the door, eyes wide and heart speeding.

"T-Taehyung....?"

Your heart sped up, your imaginative mind immediately assuming the worst scenarios possible. The black figure clambered a few steps forward, reaching your bed. Your fingers clenched against your comforter, as if you could count on the flimsy material to shield you.

Before you could so much react, in one sudden motion, Taehyung let out a strained sob before dropping to his knees on the floor in front of you.

It was then you noticed throughout the dimmed night light how his whole body seemed to shake. His palms pressed against his face, where you could barely hear the ragged breathing and soft whimpers, muffled against his skin. Your fear flipped onto worry and heart clenching sympathy, and you found yourself reaching out to the poor, trembling boy.

His eyes looked up at you when your hands touched his shoulders, fresh tears welling up and escaping down his face and palm.

And in a broken voice, he whispered, pleaded, begged,

"Don't leave me...."

You tried to comprehend, tried to think back of what kind of conversation did you last have with him. How did it get to this? Was it something you did?

"Tae--"

"Please don't leave me....."

You never knew someone could sound so weak and lost.