Chapter One

It was quite in the decent sized house with three bathrooms, and seven bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, a gaming room, and even a book room. In this house there lived four boys and one girl.

They all got along great, you could say they were all siblings, even tho they are just friends. They just come from the same pack, yes that's right a pack. All five of them are werewolves, each have a specific role for their pack, such as Blaze being the warrior, Max the omega, Jackson the Alpha, Winter the medic, and Ace the beta. The five werewolves live rather fare from their pack house because they want to prove that they can be mature leaders for their roles in the pack. Another reason is because they just want to be with their mates. Jackson is mated with Winter, Blaze is mated with Max, while Ace has no mate yet.

The sun was almost rising as one of the werewolves finally woken up, waking up his mate to. "Max come back to bed~" The Warrior sighed as his mate left to go and make food. "No Blaze, I have work to do as an omega. Why not you go wake up the others so we are not all late for school?" Max replied to his mate as he left for the kitchen. Max loved to cook he even loved to read, Blaze on the other hand just loved to get into fights and sports. The warrior sighed as he got out of the comfort of the bed, leaving the room to go and wake up everyone else up. He first went to the Alphas and his mates room, Jackson and Winters, mostly because he felt like causing trouble. And to do so he banged on the door then ran as fast as possible. Only to hear a yell from the Alpha, "BLAZE!"

However, Blaze only kept running till he reached Ace's room. When he opened the door he saw Ace sitting calmly on his bed looking at his phone. "Hello Blaze." He said as he looked at the black and red haired male. "Come on, Max, is making food then we go to school." The other male said as he walked to the dinning room leaving Ace with his thoughts. 'Better go and join them before they think something is wrong.' Ace thought as he stood from his bed placing his phone on his dresser.

When he made it to the dinning room were a wonderful meal was placed on the table. This meal was blueberry pancakes with whipped cream, strawberry smoothies, bacon, eggs, and a fruit salad. "You really love to cook Max this is great!" Winter smiled as she looked at the Omega who nodded at her. Winter loved to study and read like Max, but she was really bad with cooking. "Ya dude this is awesome." The future Alpha of the Riverside pack said looking at all the food. "Thank you, I just want to try and be good for the future Alpha." Once Max said the word alpha that made Jackson feel rage all over his body. "Max, how many times do I have to tell you to not call me alpha! We are friends ok, so call me by my name, Jackson. Understand." Max nodded his head as he looked down, Blaze sighed not wanting to get in the middle of this normal morning routine anymore, even though he loved his mate dearly. Silence fell as everyone started to dig in Ace being the most quietest of the bunch, gaining the attention of this friends. "Something wrong Ace?" Winter asked as she looked at her little brother, Ace only shock his head. "Just had a bad sleep that's all, sorry to worry." "Ace, as our friend we will always worry, and as your future alpha I am to worry a lot for my future beta. I cannot have my pack being sad all the time." Jackson said trying to be funny for his friend. This was like a ever day thing were Ace would wake up sad from his sleep, never saying why. This made everyone try to cheer him up, even his sister who hates his guts most of the time.

Another awkward silence came until Blaze looked at his mate and asked, "Max what are you and Ace learning about in werewolf history today?" Yes, they go to a human school to learn about human history and werewolf history. This started to happen since the 1960s when the government and the leader of all werewolves made a peace treating, this was just one of the treatises rules. "Oh we are learning about this old werewolf named Shadow." Ace looked up at his friend, and so did Winter, and Jackson. "Shadow? If I am correct he is that werewolf who apparently haunts the night trying to find his mate." Blaze replied receiving a nod from Winter as she and Jackson went to put the dishes away.

"Ya but it's just a fake story, used to to scare pups so they can behave. He's dead know." Jackson commented as he looked at Max who had a slight worried look. "Well apparently note just pups but omegas to." Winter noted as everyone then started to laugh. "I am not scared." Max pouted as everyone kept laughing, Blaze giving his mate a hug. "Don't worry Maxie I will protect you! Now come on, lets go to school before we are late." The warrior said as they all left out the door, into Winters car. Winter in driver seat, Jackson in shotgun, and Max, Blaze, and Ace all in back seat. Jackson then turned on his phone playing some music.

They all started to sing, all but Ace who was looking out the window. 'Shadow. His name suits him since he hunts the night.' Ace kept thinking of whatever came to his head as the car finally came to a stop. "Okay so meet up at lunch everyone, have fun in classes." Jackson said as he and Blaze went to gym, Winter to English, leaving Max and Ace to head for history class. After ten minutes the bell rang singling them that the teacher was coming so it was time for them to shut up.

"Hello everyone!" The teacher Mr. Knotewell said as he entered, getting a few 'hellos' from the class as he walked to the projector. "Can anyone tell me what we are learning about today? And somethings about it?" He asked. Max was the first and only person to raise his hand like usual. "Mr. Blackwell please inspire us." Mr. Kontewell said as he took a seat.

Max then stood up from his seat looking at the teacher. "Today we are learning about Shadow and why he was came to be the so called night wolf." Mr. Knotewell nodded as Max took his seat. "Thank you Mr. Blackwell that is exactly, what we are learning. We will be talking about him this period then for the next three days it will be booklet work. After that it will be a formal presentation or an essay. You may chose what you want to do. The major project will be done in class and you will have two weeks." The class nodded as Mr. Knotewell turned on the projector for the class to see a picture of a black wolf with navy blue eyes like the night.

A student then raised her hand asking, "Mr. Knotewell, why do you not show a picture of his human form? Also why are his eyes the night sky color. Is that were his nickname comes from?" Mr. Knotewell shock his head looking at the girl, "Mis. Cass those are wonderful questions and there are simple answers. One because he would not show his human form until he meet his mate. In his time period, according to the textbooks, it was a sign of disrespect for their mates if they showed their human form to others, so they stayed in wolf form. For your second question his nickname came from the way he acts. He would always hide in the Shadows only leaving the forest at night. If that does not answer I apologise that is all the information we know of his nickname right now."  The girl nodded as another student raised their hand.

"Yes Mis. Luna?" "Sir what is the possibility of us being Shadows mate? Since he probably has not found his yet, if so they probably would have said something." "Well Mis. Luna the possibility of that would be less then a million since of all the humans and werewolves that live in this world. For all we know it could be a full blooded wolf." Mr. Kontewell replied as he turned to the next slide of the power point.

Ace got bored and fell asleep for half of the class Mr. knotewell saw this and walked up to him taping him on the shoulder. "Mr. Storm, since you clearly are so interested in my class, I would like you to right me a two to four page story of what it would be like if you were Shadow. I want it handed in by Friday morning." "What why?" "Because I said so, I could also add a week worth of detentions if you want me to." Ace shock his head as Mr. Knotewll walked back to the front of class, leaving Ace bored out of his mind.

Praying that this class would be over soon. As the time passed Ace grew more and more bored of this class until it was finally the end of the lesson when Mr. Knotewell spoke and said.

"Tonight all grade elevens and twelve will be staying at the school. For a slumber party, you could say. We will have sleep were, beds and food for you all. That is why in your last period you will not be having a normal class. But you will be going to the gym to get ready, or during that time you may go home and get some of your things. But, if you do not come back we will call your parents and you will be given an Essay to write due on Wednesday." Once he said that the bell rang, everyone leaving the classroom for their next period.