Chaptery Twenty-four

As the sun rose for the last day of school the school sleepover, Ace was having an argument with himself. The reason for that is his wolf; won't stop whining for Shadows wolf Blackfire. Aces wolf - Lyn was just like him. Loved to hunt, run, and lead others when needed, but when it comes to her mate being taken from her. She wants to rip everyone throats out.

Blackfire was the same way when it comes to his mate. That's why Shadow is ticked off when walking around the forest. Only to be greeted by the spirit of fire: Flare. Flares mate died three weeks after they went. Mostly due to the spirit of Air; Helix.

He set a storm up and killed her boyfriend. All Flare has is her baby, who she leaves in the care of the water spirit; Lona. "Hello Flare." "Shadow! Its wonderful to finally be able to see you again. I just dropped Dustin off at Lona's so I can have some me time. Who knew I will be seeing you." The night wolf chuckles as a huge grin was placed on the fire wolfs head.

"Rumor has it you found your mate, and you won't mate with him." "Its not a rumor its true. I shall not mate with an omegas friend, and a boy." Shadow retorted making the girl in fire with. "Is that all, or is it because you don't want to see him leave you after just finding after. Waiting for centres to find your mate." Flare knew a lot about the spirit wolves mostly because she loves secrets and gossip. Shadow stayed quiet as the dou stopped.

"How much more will you lie to yourself Shadow, you want to mate with the werewolf just like Blackfire does. And yet you push him away... I will not tell you how to run your life, but I will say this. If he dies you missed out." That said the fire spirit left leaving the night spirit to his thoughts. "Ms Lunabelle might have a better idea on what I should do. I will ask her. Flare just loves gossip, she can't be right about the way I feel."

A sigh came from the males lips as he began to walk. Only to find himself watching the school and not at Ms Lunabelles pound. Not being able to control is actions for some reason, he began to walk.

"Hello sir are you here to pick up a student?" A clam voice spoke as the night wolf looked at the one who spoke. She had bright pink jogging pants, a light blue vest, and a light red shirt that spoke "Fear the Teachers." "What was that sir?" "Oh nothing, and yes I am looking for a student. Mr. Strom if you know him." The woman nods as she motioned for Shadow to follow only to stop at a room that has 'Music' written on the door. "He is in here, his friends are in the gym resting." The teacher said once more and leaves. Giving this a sign to enter. As he entered he heard a guitar play, soft humming as well. Watching Ace play was the most relaxing thing in his life.

'Maybe only for a little while I can enjoy this.' He thought as Ace opened his eyes to see Shadow. "I thought you hated me, why are you here?" He asked putting the guitar down. "Nothing personal just came for a little chat."

"If its harming anyone I am not afraid to rip you apart if I have to, dam spirit wolf." A hurt expression made it on Shadows face.

"I know you hate me and all, but what else was I supposed to do? I was alone for a long time and you suddenly show up. This is not some romantic love com. Its real life, I won't be so pleased finding my mate after years of not having one." The shadow wolf spoke as guilt ran all over Ace.

Yes, it is true that is not how he wanted to meet his mate. But it's still his mate. "So what made you change your mind?" "I meet an old friend of mine, and my wolf wouldn't shut up. I was going to visit Ms. Lunabelle but ended up here. So I guess I will try to get along with the customs you have. Just to make my wolf shut his trap." Shadow spoke sincerely as Ace gave a light chuckle. "Well Shadow I will be happy to teach you. But first lets start out as friends, alright?" The other male nodded as they both shock hands. "So now that's over, play more guitar for me, its wonderful."

Ace nodded as he began to play once more. Shadow moving closer and closer to the other male. It was not long after the two males made space in the music room.

As time passes the dou had plugged Ace's phone in a speaker so they can dance to it, not realizing it. They had to stop because of Ace's friends yelling his name in the hall.

"Meet me tomorrow under the cherry tree by moonlit river." Ace spoke as Shadow opened a window leaving, both of them still caught in the moment. "10 o'clock sharp" The older male replied as he left throw the window.

Ace laying his back against the wall, seeing Max enter. Max began yelling for the others as he saw Ace about to faint. You could say that Ace Storm, a future beta was helplessly in love with Shadow.

However, for Shadow he just scared a lot of other spirit wolves mostly because they have never seen him smile. Yes, Shadow had never once smiled willingly for nearly ten thousand years. Some of the other spirits saw this two and before you know it.

Shadow was the only one anyone was talking about, most leading to the same questions. "Who made Shadow so happy?" "Who turned the old grumppers into a care free spirit?" "What happened to the old Shadow?"