Chapter 6 : Broken Arrow

Taylor's POV

   "I'm so nervous." I said to Danielle as I sat in the chair so she could my make-up.

   My heart was beating out of my chest. I was sitting back stage at the competition and this one is crazy big!

   The dancers here are super snobby and super gorgeous and I'm like thanks. I feel really intimidated by these girls.

   I know I should be confident in my solo but Arie is in the crowd with the rest of the boys.

   I didn't ask Harry about the picture because I knew it was gonna be an awkward subject so I just brushed it off my shoulder.

   It's been a couple weeks since I've known the boys and they usually text or call me, especially Harry.

  And Arie. I could tell him everything. He always comes and watches my solos even though I do the same ones and he has seen them a million of times.

  "Stop over thinking!" Danielle said as she started my make-up.

  "Just having all of them here is getting me butterflies!" I replied to her.

  "C'mon they will still love you even if you mess up!" She teased.

   "Yeah that helped." I groaned.

   "So which solo are you doing?" She asked but I could tell she was only interested in my make-up.

   "Well," I started. "I am doing 'Broken Arrow' tonight and in about a week I do 'Turning Tables' in the other competition then in about two weeks I'm doing 'A Drop In The Ocean' and my finale but we haven't found my partner."

   "Is that why you are going mental on your solos?" She asked while adding eyeliner to my eyes.

   "Yes." I said. "But I always stress over my solos. They have to be perfect."

   "They already are perfect right when you learn it!" She exclaimed.

   "Not at all." I said.

   "Yes," She said. "You seriously are the most dedicated dancer I know! I mean you never stop! Also, you are like one of the best dancers as well."

  "Really?" I said looking to her. She moved and I saw my reflection in the mirror. The solo I was doing tonight is suppose to be a sad one, so Danielle put it like I have been crying. The mascara was dripping down my face which made me actually want to cry.

   "You are beautiful." She said. "Don't feel intimidated by these other dancers that only like looking at themselves! Now go! Get changed!"

   "Yes mom." I said but turned around. "Thank you by the way."

   "No problem." She said.

   I grabbed my costume and headed into the changing room.

   My dress was white and mid-thigh. The top was tight then it came more puffy at the bottom. The top was shaping into a V on the breast part but it didn't show much cleavage. It was a cute dress.

   As I walked out of the dressing room I saw 6 pair of eyes stare at me.

   "Oh hey guys!" I said avoiding their stares.

   "You look fantastic." Arie said.

   "Thanks." I replied. I walked over to where Danielle was but I felt all the boys eyes still stare at my body.

   "What are you doing with your hair?" Danielle asked.

   "I'm gonna leave it down." I replied.