𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 — 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

❝ 𝙖 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩 ❞

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

FORGIVENESS.

"All through history, countries go to war. That's what we normally study in here. But today, we're going to talk about peace and forgiveness and how we get there," Matthews told his class, "every once in a while, I come up with a good idea."

"What could it possibly be that I haven't already thought of?"

"Farkle, I forgive you."

"What did I do," the boy asked his teacher.

"I forgive you, too."

"What did I do," Farkle repeated to Zay.

"You know what you do."

Matthews shrugged, "I feel better now that I've forgiven you. How do you feel?"

"I'm sorry for every time I've hurt you! What did I do?!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, today we are going to begin the forgiveness project. Our history isn't just about what we've done. How we grow comes from the repair of what we've done and how we forgive what was done to us."

Riley glanced around the room, "we're in," she smiled, "what do we do?"

"Everyone take out a piece of paper," while the children were doing what was instructed, Matthews continued his lesson, "So this isn't your cell phone or your laptop. You've got unlimited characters here. As many words as you want. The impact will last longer than six seconds. And I guarantee you, it's never going to disappear," once everything was passed around, he gave them their assignment, "so pick up a pen. Express feelings. This is one of the most important things you're ever going to do. You're about to forgive someone."

"What's this got to do with history, Mr. Uncle?"

"It gives you a chance to change it," Matthews answered his niece.

"Like when I forgave Auggie for biting the face off of Beary the Bear Bear."

"That wasn't forgiveness, honey."

"Why not?"

"Because you haven't gotten over it," he stressed to his daughter. He looked toward the class again, "so is there anyone in your life you want to forgive? Change history. Go."

While everyone was writing down their forgiveness, Amanda's mind drew a blank. She couldn't think about anyone she could forgive. And apparently, she wasn't the only one.