𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 — 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙

❝ 𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 ❞

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

"The Sun shines during the day."

Amanda Matthews looked up from her desk to look at her Uncle, who was in the corner of the room, overseeing the up and coming debate between Farkle and Riley. It has been 2 weeks since the group of friends got back from the ski lodge and things were going pretty well. Mandy and Lucas were as strong as ever, everything seemed pretty calm, or so she thought.

"Ms. Matthews will argue the affirmative," Matthews announced.

"Good morning, everybody," Riley spoke, "you know why people say that in the morning," she asked as she walked over to the blinds and ripped them open, "paam! Nailed it."

"How can you possibly lose," her blonde best friend said while Riley's cousin gave her a huge smile and thumbs up.

Smackle intervened, "like this."

"First of all, let's understand that day and night are merely words invented by human beings to communicate simple conceptual constructs apropos of nothing," after getting distracting by his girlfriend, Farkle continued, "anyway, science tells us that the sun is always shining and what appears to be day and night is merely our angle of proximity at a particular time to the Earth's revolution. And for extra credit, there's no such thing as time."

"Time!"

The core group of friends glanced at each other in a conflicting manner. They didn't know which side to choose.

Farkle continued, "our debate topic therefore, is false. The sun does not just shine during the day, it also shines during the night, just not on us."

Riley lightly slammed her hands on the podium in front of her with a small smile, "I win."

"How do you win," her father asked incredulously.

"Because I have high hopes," she answered, "because when you believe passionately—"

"And our debate winner is Farkle Minkus!"

"I don't understand," Riley said, "I said what I believed. How could that be wrong?"

"There's no wrong, Riley. But there are rules to a debate."

"Okay, who cares about the rules when we know that the sun shines during the day?"

"That's interesting, isn't it," Matthews continued, "how often do we get so lost in what we think, that we refuse to listen to what the other side has to say, huh? You guys know why we debate in history class? History teaches us that most wars start because we don't listen to the other point of view."