𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘶𝘴

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 — 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

❝ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙪𝙨 ❞

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

"Hey," Riley Matthews turned to see her cousin come in her bedroom. Riley had just gotten a visit from Andrew and Maya. The incoming love triangle between the three was getting progressively worse. It was Spring time now. Months had passed since New Years and everything had been avoided, until now. Seeing the solemn expression on her cousin's face, Amanda Matthews walked towards the girl and sat next to her with a sigh, "how are you?"

"I'm fine."

Mandy scoffed, "yeah, okay."

Riley furrowed her brow in confusion, "that's it? You're not gonna give me your big 'I know you're not fine, stop lying' speech?"

"No, Riles," she smiled sadly, "tomorrow starts our last week of middle school. We're going into high school. It's time to put our big girl pants on and take on the world. Make mistakes—learn from them. So, I'm not gonna call you out on your lies. It's time for everyone to step up and take responsibility for themselves."

"But—"

"Riles," Amanda didn't continue. She looked at Riley with a face of determination that shut down any kind of further conversation. Amanda patted Riley's leg, "come on. Last week starts tomorrow. Get some rest. I have a feeling we're both gonna need it."

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

LEGACY.

"Legacy," Matthews paused, "why is Farkle a goose?"

Amanda chuckled as she glanced towards Farkle's desk. In the place of one of her best friends was a goose, "that's the Einstein Academy goose!"

"Oh, of course, the Einstein Academy goose," her Uncle responds sarcastically, "why is it on Farkle's desk?"

"Einstein captured Farkle," Maya shrugged.

Andrew nodded, "it was their end of the year prank..."

"So, since they took our mascot..."

"We took theirs and now we're even," Riley finished after Maya.

"Farkle's not our mascot."

Maya furrowed her brows as she questioned Matthews, "what would you call him?"

"Where's Zay? They got Zay too?"

"Zay's back in Texas," Amanda answered her Uncle, "he's at Vanessa's Spring Formal."

Amanda's two best friends 'ooh'ed before Matthews took everyone's attention, "all right, guys. Listen up. It's your last week of school. This is my last chance to teach you something."