𝐱𝐱. 𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 — 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

❝ 𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚 ❞

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

"What? You're not sitting with us anymore," Maya asked her bestfriend. The group of friends were at Topanga's doing homework. One thing they noticed was that Riley wasn't sitting with them.

"I don't deserve to sit with you guys. I am disgraced," she replied, "'D' for disgraced."

"What's happening to my cousin now," Amanda Matthews asked the blonde as she and boyfriend were sitting on the loveseat—the girl playing with her boyfriend's fingers.

"Riley got a D in Spanish class today."

The Matthews girl gaped as she turned to her cousin, "Riles, you love Spanish!"

"Riley, it's only one grade," Andrew chimed in from his seat next to Maya.

"Yeah, you know how many 'D's' I got in middle school? Once, I got five 'D's' in one day," Maya said.

Zay chuckled, "you're Cinco De Maya!"

The group laughed at the joke but was interrupted when Riley blurted, "I don't get it!"

"Actually, those 'D's' don't count anymore, Maya," Farkle said.

"None of our old grades do."

"We all start as equals here," Smackle continued after Lucas, "because only our high school grades count on our permanent record."

Riley shot out of her seat, "what? What's that?"

"It's our high school transcript," Zay replied.

"It's what colleges use when they decide whether to accept you or not."

"And so far for you, not," Smackle said after her boyfriend, earning a warning look from Amanda.

Riley's cousin got up from her seat and moved the girl away from the group, seeing that Riley was getting overwhelmed, "what's really going on?"

"I don't know, Mandy! I study—"

Amanda gave her a pointed look, "do you?"

"Yes! I just feel like my best isn't good enough..."

"Good enough for who?"

"You'll see soon."

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

Amanda and her family—plus Maya—were at the dinner table later that evening. Amanda still hadn't figured out what Riley was talking about when she said she wasn't 'good enough' for someone—she hadn't figured out who that 'someone' was.