𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦?

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 — 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

❝ 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙣𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚?

──∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

Amanda Matthews loved Choir class. It was the highlight of her school day. She loved to sing and bond with her fellow singers over choir kid things no one else could understand. For the most part, everyone was super supportive of one another. For the most part. Ever since Mandy was given a solo at the beginning of the year, she could tell someone in her class had a problem with her. Whenever Mandy made a suggestion or raised her hand, the other girl would talk over her or steal her idea. At first, it didn't bother her so much, but the more it happened, the more it started to bother the girl. From the times the girl clearly talked about Amanda with her friends, The Matthews girl thought it was time she asked the girl directly what her problem was.

"Um, excuse me? Ashley?"

Ashley Stone. A junior at Abigail Adams High School. Choir veteran who is very involved and very passionate about the program. She's known as the it-girl of the program. She always get the best solos, she's featured in group numbers in Show Choir. She's the person in choir everyone wanted to be. Everyone except for Mandy.

Ashley shut her locker and turned, face dropping at the sight of the Matthews girl, "oh, hi, Amanda. What's up?"

Mandy blanched. She didn't really know how to say what she wanted to say and blurted out the first thing that came to mind, "do you not like me?"

The junior let out a short laugh, "what?"

"I-I don't know," Mandy stuttered, slightly intimidated, "I just have a feeling you don't like me. I just wanna know—"

"Listen, Amanda," Ashley interrupted, a small mocking smile on her face, "contrary to what you believe, you aren't special and not everything is about you. No one is worried about you like you think they are."

"I—"

"But if you must ask, no. I don't like you."

Mandy was gobsmacked as she watched Ashley walk away from her. Well, she thought, that went well, didn't it?

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

Amanda Matthews found her cousin and blonde best friend laying against the lockers, the halls empty. She didn't have time to talk about what she was seeing before the rest of her friends came up the stairs. Lucas, who was first up, looked in between his girlfriend and the two girls on the ground.

"Anyone care to explain this," Mandy called with furrowed brows, motioning to the two girls on the ground.

Andrew stepped up next to Lucas, "how's it goin'?"