𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘦𝘹𝘢𝘴

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 — 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚

❝ 𝙖 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙨 ❞

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

"Yes, Riley. I will give you as many updates as I can give you."

Mandy was in Texas for the holidays. She still couldn't believe her Aunt and Uncle, mostly her Uncle, let her come down to Austin, Texas to spend the holidays with her boyfriend, Lucas Friar's, family. The Friars kept their Texan home and gave it to Lucas' father's parents to stay in. But there was one problem Amanda didn't think about until after she and Lucas landed in Texas; she didn't tell Riley where she was going until she was already with the family.

Amanda knew all about Riley and how much she loved Christmas. She knew about Secret Santa and how much that meant to Riley. Amanda also knew her cousin would freak out when she finds out Mandy wouldn't be celebrating Christmas with her family.

But, Amanda didn't want to think about her cousin's wrath while in Texas, wanting to enjoy everything Austin, Texas had to offer her a second time around. The thought of her first Texas trip put a smile on the girls face. That trip started it all for the group of friends, good and bad. The good being Amanda and Lucas finally became official. The bad being the triangle between Andrew, Riley, and Maya, which has been resolved with everyone in the situation getting something out of it.

"I just want you to be careful," Riley said over the phone in her room back in New York.

Mandy sighed, "I will! Lucas and his family will be with me everywhere I go. Now, I have to go, but I'll text you later, okay?"

"But, Mandy—"

"Love you, cous," as soon as she hung up, Amanda heaved another sigh.

She was in Lucas' childhood bedroom. If Amanda could ever imagine how his room would look like while he was younger, this is exactly how she would picture it. The walls were painted a dark blue with posters all around. Posters of different bands, bull-riding champions, and something that she was surprised to see. Pictures of her.

Lucas would always sneak pictures of Mandy whenever he had the chance. They would usually be candids or off guards because Mandy wasn't one to enjoy getting her picture taken, but he did it anyway. She thought of how he could possibly get these pictures from New York to Texas. The only way she thought it was possible was when Lucas visited Texas over the Summer.

"Riley again?"

The Matthews girl smiled at the sound of her boyfriend's voice coming from the doorway. She didn't turn around to face him, still gazing at the different pictures on his wall. She answered with her back turned.