𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘵

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 — 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐

❝ 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙟𝙪𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙩 ❞

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

"Are we running away? Is that what we're doing? I don't wanna run away."

"Maya would."

Amanda sighed as she looked between her cousin and her best friend as they stood in the middle of the subway station. Riley came up with a plan to get Maya back, and it was crazy.

"Why do we have all of our clothes? And why isn't Mandy carrying anything?"

The two looked at the other brunette, who sighed, "get on the subway."

Maya scoffed, "wouldja just tell me where we're going?"

"To find you."

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

"Nice move, Maya," Shawn Hunter, or Uncle Shawn, praised as he looked at the three girls on his couch, "running away, coming here. Somethin' I would do."

"It wasn't my idea..."

Uncle Shawn slowly turned to the other Matthews in the room, "Mandy! I always knew you had it in y—"

"Wasn't me, Uncle Shawn."

Shawn turned to Riley in a state of surprise, "what—you did this?"

"Yeah, how bout that," Riley smiled then proceeded to turn to Maya, "tell him why we're here."

"I don't wanna tell him."

"You came all this way," Uncle Shawn shrugged, "tell me."

Amanda's eyes went to the coffee table, "you made us tea?"

"Oh! Yeah! And I got these Swedish butter cookies," the man said excitedly.

"What's become of you?"

"Riley," Mandy nudged her cousin in warning.

Uncle Shawn answered unfazed, "I'm evolving. It's, uh—it's actually been quite a journey. I like who I am," he motioned towards the windows of his cabin, "look! Mountains! And trees! So many trees..."

The three girls glanced at each other in uncertainty.

"...Oh, and there's that squirrel that I talk to!"

"Uncle Shawn, our best friend is broken, and you did it," Riley finally exclaimed.

"Me?"

"I need it to be you, because if it isn't you, then it's me, and I don't want it to be me, so it needs to be you!"