𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 — 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

❝ 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙪𝙩 ❞

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

"The Statue of Liberty," Matthews started, "the Great Lady of New York has been speaking loud and clear since 1885. Anybody know what she's trying to say? Maya?"

The girl in question lifted her head up and just smiled at her teacher as she gave him no answer.

Farkle sighed, "should I just talk?"

"No, I'm sick of people thinking Farkle's smarter than I am."

"Here comes fun," Riley smiled.

"Name one thing about the Statue of Liberty that you know that I don't."

"She was a gift of friendship from—"

"C-Cathy."

"We got her right after—"

"Cathy didn't want her anymore."

Amanda Matthews chuckled under breath as she watched the two go back and forth.

"What does she stand for?"

"Because Cathy took her chair."

"Boy, that Cathy, huh, what a hoot."

"She's not real, genius, I made her up," Maya scoffed, "I'm so smarter than you."

"You are," Farkle said with a bright smile, "you really are."

"Welcome to Cultural Week, people," Matthews announced, "the school is throwing a cultural fair to celebrate who we are and where we came from. Anybody here taking part?"

Nigel raised his hand, "my grandma's gonna have a booth at the fair, Mr. Matthews."

"That's great, Nigel. What culture will you be celebrating?"

"She was originally from Cambodia, she escaped and lived in the Philippines, then she came here."

Amanda turned to her friends, "did you guys know that about him?"

Maya shook her head, "it surprises me when any of these guys talk."

"And that's exactly what makes America so unique," Matthews pointed out, motioning to the class, "we all come from exotic locales with fascinating traditions."

Riley perked from her seat, "well, where are we from," she asked her dad, pointing to her cousin as well.

"Philly."

"...What's our fascinating tradition?"

"Cream cheese."

"So, I'm the great lady of cream cheese," Riley deadpanned, "I want a better tradition, please."