Mr Kingston's Roommate|06

Edited

Leila's POV
Chance Encounter

"I don't know who to ship, Lepter or Lake!" Midge squealed as we wandered down the hallway. "What?" I muttered, still distracted by the thought of Mr. Kingston. Why was he so nice to me? Surely there's an ulterior motive here. He wouldn't let my insult slide and compliment me at the same minute without a reason.

I'll ask when I see him tomorrow.

"Your ship names! Leila and Peter or Leila and Blake." I'm not ready to confront them about Peter. Well, I am but I'd rather enjoy myself first than burst their bubble. I don't want us to ride to the club in a car filled with tension. I'm beginning to think absolutely no one thinks I'm in a relationship because I haven't shown them hard proof.

It's normal for people to deflect someone's advances on them by pretending to be taken, especially in college. But, one: there's no reason why I'd lie about Reese and two; I'm not obligated to show anyone proof of my relationship. "Why would you ship me with our Professor? That's weird and disgusting." I said as we climbed into the elevator.

"Oh please. 70% of the students here are older than him. He's literally our age so how is that weird?" Sam mused. "Power imbalance," I responded, shutting them both up instantly. They can't refute that fact. Yes, it's not weird because there isn't a wide age gap. However, he still holds the title of Professor and I, student.

Seeing as he's already an A-hole, he pegs me as the type to use that title to his advantage if he were to ever have a relationship with a student. When we made it outside, I turned toward Sam and Midge, realizing now that they never informed me of our transportation plan. "How are we getting there?" I asked.

"An Uber, of course."

Are they crazy? I don't trust Uber drivers with my life. Not only are you getting into a complete stranger's car but the chances of said stranger kidnapping you are higher compared to if we were to call a cab. The world is filled with maniacs. 

I've fallen victim to them and they've taken away the most precious thing to me.

I won't risk my life in any way, shape or form no matter how minuscule the situation.

I can't relive that night.

I just can't.

"Guys, I have a car," I said as I began to trek down the pathway toward the parking lot. I guess I didn't disclose that fact before. They followed in suit, immersed in conversation as my mind drifted off as customary. I don't know why but I'm already regretting my decision. Maybe I really should have stayed home and slept in.

I brushed the feeling off and slipped into the driver's seat. Once we were all buckled in, I punched in the address into my GPS and drove off, hoping that tonight goes as well as I'm hoping. I'm already walking on eggshells because I'm not sure if my new "friends" are genuine or not.

Throughout our ride, I couldn't get these daunting thoughts out of my head. It was only after I parked my car on the curb outside the club is when my mind finally began to delve into easiness. We all stepped out into the chilly night and Sam gripped both Midge's and my hand before tugging us to the front of the line.

I ignored the death glares and incoherent insults that swung in our direction as we bulldozed our way toward the bouncer. Sam smiled once she stood at his feet. The bulky man stared down at her in displeasure, "why aren't you on the line? All the way to the back?" He spat.

"Ease up, Kyle. These lovely ladies are with me." The familiar British voice sang through the cracks of my uncertainty as Peter emerged from the entrance to the club. It appears as if he were waiting for our arrival. I didn't bother to ask. But, I'm not surprised to see that he has some sort of connection to the bouncer or this club.