Mr Kingston's Roommate|13

Leila's POV
A Confidant

Disclaimer, this chapter may be upsetting for some readers. If you are suffering from depression, anxiety or any mental illness disorder, seek consultation in a trusted adult, family member or therapist and get the help you need.

As I trekked across the hall, I fought to keep my trembling hand hidden inside the pocket of my jacket. The student's lounge was filled to the brink with students tonight and I feared that I'd run into someone I know.

I just want to retreat to my room and sleep.

I'm so tired.

"Leila!" A cold rush surged through my spine as my name left the mouth of the one person I hoped to not have run into here. And against my better judgement, my feet remained planted in their spot until her presence enveloped me and her hand wrapped tightly around the very arm that I had tucked away.

"Oh my god, oh my god, Leila, look!" Sam squealed excitedly, her grip tightening on my arm as she coaxed me into staring across the student's lounge. "What is it?" I hissed through gritted teeth, fighting against the urge to cry.

"Look!" She motioned toward Midge and Damien kissing in the comfort of one another's arms. "Okay, so what!?" I yelled, reeling her attention back to me. However, she remained oblivious to the frustration and pain on my face.

"I think they're finally official! I'm so happy for her. You don't understand like Midge is always complaining about being single and then when she gets that one guy she ignores him — "she continued to babble aimlessly when all my mind was focused on was my bleeding arm.

I ripped my hand from her grip, nearly tipping her over. I wanted nothing more than to scream in frustration but I held it in long enough to apologize and escape to the elevator.

"Leila, what's wrong!?" She called out, her feet scurrying behind me hurriedly to match my pace.

Please just leave me alone.

"Nothing, I promise. I'm just tired and annoyed, I need to go rest, I've had a hard day." I ignored whatever it is that she said after that. Every sound, every movement, everything seemed to have tuned out of my mind as I crashed into the walls of the elevator.

Sam stood on the other end, her eyes piercing through mine, curiosity evident on her face. She took a step forward but my hand which raised into the air sharply halted her in her footsteps.

"Sam, please." I almost pleaded.

She bit down on her lip, "Fine! But you're telling me what's wrong later, got that?" She spat. I forced a smile on my lips, "Yes boss. I got that." The door slid shut, obscuring my view of Sam. I let out a sigh of relief and impatiently waited till I got to my floor.

Once I safely made it there, I rushed to unlock the door and slipped into the room. Then and there, as the familiar scent of the white walls and the comforting silence that I had begun to indulge in cocooned me, I sobbed.

I crashed onto the floor near the edge of my bed and tugged my burning arm out from within my jacket. Blood trickled down the individual slits that tattooed my arm and the irrational side of me wanted to squeeze each wound so that the pain would overpower the one beating against my heart.

A soft click at the front door left me paralyzed against the floor and I watched with my eyes wide as Blake sauntered into the room. I tucked my hand back into my jacket but the streaks of tears and sweat that trickled down my face and the hitched breaths that leaped from my cracked lips did not ease Blake's curiosity.